fairies

blushed cheeks pure against creamy milky skin entangled with the essence of pale golden musk and maybe a hint of wild mulberry. the earth is dewy with the tangy taste of hawthorne bark, the lingering scent of aspen leaf hidden under the glowing shine of moonbeams.

ethereal giggles sprouting from honeycomb lips, glistening wide eyed and innocent, full of youth and purity. sometimes it's as if the water lilies sing and dance, pirouetting under the starlit forest.

damp hazel curls clinging to the nape of necks, humid from the seeping streamlet gently leaving the moon lilies and lotuses in reckless abandon, gently washing away the perfumed air of bergamot, peach and oak moss.

symphonies of bumble bees and butterflies rivalling the spatter of droplets from honeysuckle to honeysuckle in a frenzied sprint to dampen the earth with an evanescent kiss. fluttering of the twinkling fireflies compete next, against the cacophony of chirping crickets resting against red cardinal flowers, swaying as if in a daydream.

celestial is the moon, dimming the coruscate twinkle of stars, fresh pine wooded trees illuminated in a midsummer nights dream. the details, they would always change, but nights as glassy as today, you could trace the craters of the moon with pink finger tips until it tells a fairytale, a story so sweet you can almost taste the victory at the tip of your tongue.

hands caress marigolds and lilac tulips with breezy laughter flittering and singeing crack willow leaves in warm twilight. their feet would sink into the earth with soft pitter patter of dancing, singing, talking so candied it would take days to scrub the orange blossom and jasmine perfume off reddened rosy skin.

it was the scent of the fairies with
their minds far far far away,
floating in sultry dreams
and sleepless nights.
forever,
laughing
dancing
singing