.𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓭𝓻𝓪𝔀𝓪𝓵

𝐈 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 my 10AM alarm

𝐈 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 my 10AM alarm. I think to skip breakfast while patting my eye bags with my beauty booster hopeful my concealer does it's job to hide my lack of sleep.

    My nudity glows under the bright lights of my bathroom and I give an appreciative look at the body cardio gave me. Except for my hip dips. I loathed my hip dips and I prayed Elena didn't pick a fitted bridesmaids dress.

    My bruises illuminate too. They're mostly faded now as had the aching, but a piece of me still longed for it.

    The pain. Not him.

    "Stunning. Just like I remembered."

    I grin at his reflection in my mirror. "Of course I am." I turn to face him before he can hug me from behind and he settles his hands on my waist instead. His emerald eyes sparkle at me and my stomach sinks. He'd said he just got out of a breakup and I hoped that meant he wouldn't get attached easily.

    "I love a confident woman,"

    "I do too,"

    He chuckles. "You were fucking amazing last night, although I've never met a woman who exclusively does anal and not the other."

   I shrug. Your point?

   "Are you...saving that part of yourself for marriage or something?"

    "I am." I lie. I didn't recall why I hadn't had the other sex before, it certainly wasn't a conscious choice during my first time.

    I remembered my then boyfriend had pressured me into it by telling me all guys wanted this rather than the  other thing, and I'd reluctantly let him have his way behind a dumpster while I buried my tears in the shoulder of his letterman jacket and lied there like a starfish hours after he told me he was going to be late for practice.

    Ever since I told myself I'd save a piece of me just for me, the drugs and the boys and death and trauma could have the rest. Then I remembered I was willing to give it up for a luxury sports car almost a month ago.

    Maybe I hadn't changed.

    "Huh. Well. Do you have time to fuck me like I'm your husband again?"

    "No. But I do have time to fuck you like you're my ex."

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐲, the receptionist sees my pin and leads the way to the venue. The rest of the girls are fawning over which fabric flatters them best while Elena barks commands, clearly annoyed.

    "Oh! Well I'm so glad the bride decided to join us this afternoon," She says, stomping her way in front of me. She looks at my maid of honor pin and sneers. "You are the bride right? Because that's the only excuse I'd accept for you being late."