[Ending] Chapter 21: The boat that sailed again

[This might be a bit rushed but please do understand I can't follow the plot 100% because it'll be extremely long!]

"BAD NEWS! TSUKASA'S WOUND IS OPEN AND IT'S GOTTEN WORSE!"

Senkū and Y/N quickly rushed to Tsukasa, the male lagging behind because his wound barely healed up. Tsukasa laid on the floor, clenching his teeth while the scientist looked at his wound.

"Y/N, his wound... it was too deep for you to cure with mere stitches."

"I..."

"Tsukasa, in this stone world, there's only one way to save you. And that is to temporarily petrify you. We'll use the peripheral healing effect of the depetrification process as a medical treatment. I don't know how many years it could take. So, Tsukasa, before you go and kick the bucket,  with these hands... I will kill you."

"W-What?!"

"Death by freezing. A literal cold sleep. That's the... only way. Believe in me, and be killed."

Tsukasa's eyes that were slipping gazed at Senkū.

"Of course. In fact, if I have to die at all, I'd rather it be at your hands. After all, I already killed you once, Senkū."

While Senkū tirelessly made his 'refrigerator' for Tsukasa, Y/N sat next to Tsukasa in silence.

"Tsukasa, once you're out... Let me... Let me hit you one time, really hard."

"Deal. Till then, let's be at peace and move forward."

He lifted his weak hand in a fist and she bumped it with her own. The refrigerator was large and it was only possible as Senkū was the one that worked on it. Tsukasa's body laid in the box as Mirai bawled her eyes out. Y/N and Senkū sadly smiled at the male who was slowly freezing up.

"M-My brother... for so many years he protected me... So this time, I'll protect him forever. Every single day, I'll stand watch, and I won't let any part of him break."

Everyone left Mirai alone, to gather her feelings of her brother who would not wake up in a long while. Senkū stood in front of a large crowd.

"WE'RE NOW ALL GOING TO BUILD A BOAT! TO GO TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE EARTH!"

Two giant organizations that were once enemies have suddenly merged. The generation that will surpass the former civilization. Senkū looked deep into her eyes, smiling warmly like the sun that shone behind him.

"We will find the end to this. Together."

"Together."

Their hands intertwined and the villagers cheered, hands working on the boat that will sail to the other end. His lips crashed onto hers, capturing hers in a loving envelope.

"By the time we get there, I'll officially marry you and start a family like how our lives would have been in the modern era."

"I'll look forward to that."

***Timeskip***

"Hey, Senkū."

"Hmm?"

The gentle sea breeze blew her hair that flowed in the wind, the two standing against the rail as they traveled back to Japan.

"Isn't this so familiar? We're going back to where we were born."

"Life has really brought us in a circle, huh."

"Civilization is back... It's unbelievable that things are now settled."

"I'm glad too."

Senkū and Y/N had matured from the many years spent on the kingdom of science. Their love was nothing to be compared to, an undying feeling that science could not explain why it never disappeared. He kissed her cheek gently, gingerly stroking her fragile hand that rubbed her slightly bloated belly.

"And this little one here will have to hear our full story. How the kingdom of science brought everyone back."