Chapter 13- An Explanation

Harry’s POV

            I checked my phone over and over again, nothing. I needed to know why, why Brianne had to lie to Greg. Then again he is a little intimidating yet, how do they know each other and why do they hate each other? What the hell was that sister comment about? The questions were filling up quickly inside my brain, when all my focus had to be on recording the new album, yet I can’t get Brianne out of my head. As well as falling for her, I also have to keep up an act that I’m dating her. Are we dating? I have no idea, really.

“Alright, let’s get started. This song will be going on the deluxe version, it’s called ‘She’s Not Afraid’” Greg informed through the microphone. I cringed at the sound of his voice, so normal and dominant, even though I know the other side, the side that came out just last night. For what he could’ve done to Brianne if Louis and I weren’t there, I hate him.

“Harry, you start this one.” Liam whispered in my ear just as Simon hit the button to start the music. I nodded and began to sing my heart out into the microphone, never messing up, just letting it flow. I’m surprised at how concentrated I’m being, I guess my emotions were helping me. I began to listen to Zayn sing the chorus, and how much it related to Brianne.

She’s not afraid of all the attention

She’s not afraid of running wild

How come she’s so afraid of falling in love?

It scared me how accurate the song is to Brianne’s personality. Why is she so afraid of falling in love? I can tell she is holding back her feelings; she is like trying to hit a dart board in the darkness. She’s mysterious and secretive, and I like it.

“Lunch?” Niall asked while jumping onto Zayn’s back. I laughed as Zayn practically hit the pavement from the impact. He smiled at the Irish boy as he regained his balance. I felt a vibration in my back pocket, my hopes lifted as I struggled to rip my phone out of the pocket of my tight jeans. I unlocked the screen, my smile dropping instantly; it wasn’t Brianne, it was just Twitter.

“IS IT YOUR GIRLFRIEND!? LET ME SEE!” Louis yelled as he tackled me to the side of the recording studio’s wall. I rolled my eyes; this boy will never grow up.

“No, Lou. It’s just Twitter.” I sighed, the situation even more disappointing when saying it out loud. Since last night I’ve been getting millions of tweets from the same username: “We hate Barry-anne”. He pouted his lower lip, obviously wanting drama. Well didn’t he get enough last night? Speak of the devil; Greg came walking out of the recording studio, talking to Simon, his expensive looking Ray-Bans sitting atop his grossly attractive face.

He looked over to see all of us laughing and talking, except me of course, I was staring back into his brown eyes. He walked over, his evil grin still planted on his face.

“Good work today boys! That's the last song we had to record! Next week will be when it releases!” He cheered, the boys followed. Louis and I cheered without any enthusiasm, we’re excited about the new album but, we both hate Greg. Louis seems to really like Brianne, hopefully they become friends, and I really need Louis right now.

Greg’s phone began to go off, Liam immediately noticing. “Uh, I think you’re getting a call mate.” He smiled, pointing to the ringing device. Greg smiled back, clicking answer and mumbling a few words before bursting out into responses. He didn’t even care who heard, I think he wanted me to hear.

“You two are together now?! Well that’s fantastic sweetie! Hopefully she is talking; she hasn’t been friendly the last few times we have all been together.” He laughed. I heard a muffled female voice on the other end, next thing I knew he had hung up.