Start

I look up to see my mama's big yellow eyes and long black hair from the white hoody she wore. I was holding onto her black pants leg since I was so short. I was only a three-year-old little girl. 

I was wearing a purple long sleeve shirt and a red beanie over my ears that werewolf-like ears. I had black hair with the ends white, and the length of it was down to my lower back. Me and my mama always had out tails in our pants. I noticed that no one had tails or ears like us in this village, and I understood why my mama hid our unique features. 

I also had one of my eyes yellow, just like my mom, and my other eye was blue. I never knew why half of my face looked just like mama, but then the other was different. Mama's hair was black, while mine was black at the top and white at the ends. Mama had a full black tail, while mine was almost fully black but tipped with white. 

We were up really early. We live in the woods because my mama didn't make enough money for a house. We rarely went hunting, or at least I did. Mama usually only feed me once a day anyways. I was always hungry, but I didn't show it. Mama always got mad at me if I asked for things, so I usually kept my mouth quiet around it. I learned that she likes me better if I don't talk.

I've also learned that there was a thing called a 'name' and for some reason, I didn't have one. I didn't know my mama's name, and I've never heard her call me anything but child, idiot, brat, and many other things like that, many even curse words. But little three-year-old me never knew the meaning of them, and just thought that those things were nicknames or something. 

Right now, we were up early out of the woods. Mama usually had to be up early to do work anyways. She was going to drop me off at the playground like she usually did. Lucky for me, there was a library near it. 

Since I was three, I would just sneak out of the playground and go over there, just to look at picture books. I did know how to walk, I wasn't a little chubby baby like you would think I was. I was actually pretty skinny because I never ate much. 

"Hey, mama, are you going to pick me up this time?" I said, looking up at her as we were walking. She just sighed and mumbled to herself. "Yeah, yeah. If I don't come you know where the woods are, right?" She said, not looking at me, I nodded my head.

 I loved my mama, I thought she was always the prettiest and nieces person to me. She was practically the only that knew me. Even though she would hit me, didn't feed me, and yell at me all the time, I loved her. She was a family. 

Mama then dropped me off at the playground. Since it was somewhat still dark this morning, I claimed up the tree that was in the entrance of the playground. Maybe I could just take a nap here or spy on what the other kids are doing. I knew that I was the only young one here. All the other kids were 5-7. 

I've always noticed that a blond boy never had his parents come to pick him up, or never dropped him off. He always came here with a man in a green vest and a scar on his face that went across his nose. 

The blond kid also looked different than all the others that grabbed my attention. He had marks on his face that looked like whiskers, reminding me of a cat or something. He also had a sent to him that gave off happy and good vibes to me. 

I was sitting in a tree on a branch right now, hidden by all the leaves. I had my gaze directed on the entrance of the playground. Just waiting to watch all the other kids play and run around. I knew I would enjoy playing and stuff like that but in never seemed fun on an empty stomach. 

I knew I would have to wait a few hours until at least one kid came because how early it was, and I knew the library wasen't open at this time. Just when I was about to shut my eyes, I had a sent coming towards the entrance. I was able to trace out who it was. It was that little raven-hair, five-year-old boy. I noticed how all the time he was with someone who had the same sent as him, but I knew he was older.