one. ignorance

am i really that unimportant for you to ignore me?

just, look at me. please...

"RENGOKU! LET'S HANG OUT TODAY!" y/n beamed, a bright smile showing on her face. y/n had finally caught up to him since he was busy at school handling class jobs. she looked at him a bit closer and noticed the hesitation and a look of annoyance.

"sorry y/n, i've got duties today after school!" he lied, gritting his teeth in frustration. that's when y/n backed down, her once positive atmosphere dimming at his answer. "aha...that's alright, i understand!" she told him, faking another smile to make it more believable. he nodded and began to walk away, "see you later!" she waved, only for him to ignore and continue walking,

a part of her wanted him to turn back and say he was joking, apologizing for not hanging out much. but that would be selfish of her to ask of something like that to him, especially when he was busy doing work.

wait a minute, if he finishes all his work he can hang out with her right? she was sure he wouldn't mind since she was his friend, after all, turning around. y/n started running over towards his direction. she turned a corner and saw a blob of red and yellow hair, it was rengoku!

she quickly ran over there only for her pace to slow down.

he was with mitsuri, he wasn't doing class jobs. he was hanging out with his girlfriend. y/n clenched her fists in frustration. if he wanted to turn her down, then why wouldn't he have just said so? finding out the truth of a petty lie is worse than telling the truth first hand.

holding in a breath, she hid behind the wooden doors and ran back towards where she came from. "hah, rengoku...why?" she slumped over to a nearby wall and punched it, taking out her frustration.leaning her forehead against it she let out a quiet laugh, another batch of flowers trying to escape her lungs.

she looked around and went to a trash can and threw it up. a familiar scene she's seen all these weeks. staring down at the flowers, she slammed the trash can to the side, making it topple to the floor.

"i hate this, i want to hate you..." she groaned, her throat feeling dry and prickly from the thorns she had to throw up with the flowers. a part of her was glad that she was going to die soon, she didn't need to experience this torture anymore.

standing up, she dragged the trash can back to its place, cleaning up the extra blood that had spilled onto the floor. taking one last look behind her, she closed the door and headed out of school. her worst place, full of bad memories and especially the echoing reminder that she could never have rengoku.

quickly running out of school she passed the school gate, taking one last look behind her. she saw the pair in a window leaning against each other, gritting her teeth, she snapped her head away and continued to walk home.

arriving in the front of her house she rustled through her bag, searching for her keys. only to remember that she had placed her keys underneath the carpet. realizing this mistake, she mentally slapped herself, that scene was getting to her head. opening the door, she welcomed the silence and threw her backpack into a nearby corner, running to her bed.

y/n plopped herself down, laying face-first into the soft covers before flipping herself over. staring back at the ceiling, she observed the little blobs of red decorated onto it. they painted it together when she was in middle school, thinking it was awesome to decorate red dots on top of it. but in reality, the only reason why she accepted this outrageous request was that rengoku had wanted to paint it.

y/n loved him, and so she had allowed him to color those bright blobs of red onto her ceiling. snickering at the thought, she let out a huff before closing her eyes. reminiscing at her past, she quickly opened her eyes, she didn't want her mood to get ruined even further.

sitting up, she wandered in thought for a bit before remembering his birthday. it was five days from now, counting today, she needed to get ready. rengoku would hang out with her best friend, wouldn't he?

standing up she lifted her self off the bed and grabbed her purse, walking her way down the hallway before exiting out the door.

staring at the sunset, she fist-bumped the air.

"you can do this y/n, your good enough." she nodded to herself before walking to a nearby store to grab some materials for her surprise. if she couldn't attend his real birthday before her death date, she'll attend her own with himself!

well, it was harder than said, she didn't know what to do and how to even start, and cake. y/n never did this kind of thing before, maybe that's why rengoku chose mitsuri instead of her...

y/n slapped her cheeks, this was no time to be sad. she needed to get some ingredients just to finish this cake, it was nothing else! maybe just pour in a little of her love as well for him.

he was never good with girls, so why all of a sudden did he get a girlfriend. was she not good enough for hi-

she had to stop thinking about these things, stepping into the store, the doors opened automatically letting her inside. looking around she turned to find the exact ingredients of what she was looking for!

plastering a small smile onto her face, she headed towards that aisle, trying not to stumble in her steps. trying to seem like she didn't have hanahaki or had five days to live either, grabbing a box of flour, she placed it in her cart. turning away from the shelf before coughing, covering it with her hands. y/n pulled away to see drops of red, and tiny red petals decorating her coat.