Chapter I

On an isolated island, not part of the Orange Islands, Decolora Islands or the Whirl islands, stood a man about 6'3" looking out at the ocean with 3 very impressive Pokémon stood with him. On one shoulder was a yellow electric mouse. It had bright yellow fur, long ears with black tips, red cheeks that release electricity and a tail shaped like a lightening bolt. This was the man's ever faithful and loyal Pikachu. They were almost never apart.

On the other shoulder was a purple monkey a little bigger than his electric mouse. The purple monkey had a big head mostly purple fur and a cream face and big purple ears. It had stubs for its arms and short legs and cream feet. It had a long purple tail with a hand at the end the same color as its face. This was the man's Pokémon known as Aipom. While cute and little it was almost as good as the Pikachu.

Standing next to him was a jackal/dog like Pokémon. It was mostly blue all over but had black paws, ears and around its eyes. It had a vague yellow chest with a spike in the middle of its chest that was bigger than the spikes on its hands. This was a Pokémon called Lucario.

They were all silent, watching the ocean while the waves crashed into land. They stayed like that for a while. All was quiet and peaceful. The Pikachu on the man's shoulder decides to break the silence and ask a question. He asks

"Hey Ash, what are you thinkin' about?" Ash could understand off his pokemon perfectly through his aura. 6 eyes went to Pikachu, and then 4 went to Ash, obviously waiting for an answer.

"Nothing really. Just about our life before and how this is much better way of living." The man answered with a sigh.

The Aipom and Lucario looks relieved that he was happy here, with them. While the Pikachu looked angry at the mention of before. Even though only Pikachu was with Ash when that happened all of his Pokémon knew about it and were just as, if not more, angry.

Ash sighed and looked up at the sky, try as he might he wont ever forget that faithful day in Pallet Town.

FLASHBACK

A 14-year-old Ash was walking along a dirt road with Pikachu on his shoulder. He was on his way back to Pallet Town after losing in the Vetress Conference in the Unova League. He made it into the finals where he lost to his rival in Unova, Trip. It all came down to Pikachu vs. Trip's Serperior but Pikachu was already winded from taking down Unfezant and Conkledurr. Pikachu just didn't have enough energy to take down another pokemon but still by the end it was a close battle.

Now he was on his own as his friends in Unova, Iris and Cilan, went to Opuleucid City and Striaton City respectively. Leaving him and Pikachu to go to Kanto by themselves. Now they were both looking forward to going home and eating Delia Ketchum's cooking. They were both sure they could already taste it. By the time they got to the hill of Pallet, Ash turned to his partner and said

"Hey buddy, last one home doesn't get seconds!" and with that he took off speeding home.

"Pikapi pikapika Pikachu" Then Pikachu too dashed off using quick attack to catch up to his friend.

Eventually the duo arrived at Ash's house with Pikachu back on his usual perch. Ash opened the door and called to his mother, Delia.

"Mom I'm back from the league!" "Pi Pika Pikachu" said Pikachu as he made it clear he was with Ash too.

Ash and Pikachu walked into the kitchen to be pulled into a HUGE hug by none other than his mom. After letting of Ash, Delia looked at him and told him,

"I made dinner for you both, there's plenty so eat up." Ash and Pikachu's eyes widened and mouths drooled over her cooking. Only then did the pair see Ash's friends standing behind the table glaring at them. Standing there was Brock, Misty, May, Max, Dawn, Gary, Drew, Iris, Cilan and surprisingly Trip. Only two really confused Ash.