1

A/N: Hi loves this will probably be a short story, but we hope that you all enjoy it! Don't forget to vote and comment!

.

.

.

   The day that your mom died was the day that your life stopped. You didn't eat, drink, and you were on the brink of a mental break down. You were so used to having her in your daily life, so now that she was gone, you couldn't function. Your life seemed to change the day that her lawyer called and asked you to go to his office so that he could read you her will. You honestly didn't want to hear the will, but you eventually went anyway.

   "Y/N? My name is Alex. I'm your mom's lawyer." You shook his hand and sat down. "Now, your mom did leave you a number of things, but before we get into that, she left you a letter that she wants you to read along with this envelope. I will leave you to gather your thoughts. Have an amazing day!" You said a quick thank you and slowly grabbed the envelope before taking a deep breath and opening it. The letter sounded just like her. She wanted you to be happy; to continue living your life. She wanted you to meet the love of your life. She was gone, yet she was still worried about you.

   The end of the letter kind of confused you, but scared you at the same time. "Now, I want you to take this as a grain of salt, but don't accept their offer. I love you so much babygirl! Love, Mom." You didn't even realize you were crying at the end of the letter. You missed her so much.

.

.

   A few days later, you got a call from your mom's lab where she worked, asking if you would come in. They wanted to ask you something. You figured it was related to your mom, so you went in later that evening.

   "We are so sorry for your loss, Y/N. Your mom talked about you a lot. Every time we saw her, she had something new to say about you." You smiled at the thought of your mom doing that. She was always one of those moms that if you did something small, she would tell the entire world about it. "Before your mom passed away, we were working on a project. We think that hybrids are real. We have had some sightings from other scientists that they are deep in a forest in Asia. Your mother never got to go, so we were wondering if you would like to go in her place. We know that you are studying biology, so we wouldn't want anyone else but you to come with us." You were confused because your mom never told you about a project. But, she was also really sick in her last day's. You figured that you would do it if your mom wanted to and she never got to. The least that you could do was go with them. 

   "When are we leaving?"

.

.

   Why did it have to be you? Of course you would allow your pride to get ahead of you, and now here you are alone in the middle of a forest. Everything and anything in here wants to kill you, and can without a second to spare.

   Your mom always told you that your pride would be your downfall, and here you are. Man, you wished you had listened to her. You am sure that that is what she meant by not to trust anyone because you are sure you are going to die out here. Maybe if you listened to anybody, you wouldn't be in this situation. You would be at home with a nice cup of coffee, rewatching episodes of your favorite TV show.

   But no, here you are, deep in the forest, looking for research without anybody around. But, it was kind of your fault. You decided it would be in your best interest to run off by yourself, and when you tried to go back and look for the others, they were gone. You tried screaming, but you didn't get a reply. Oh my, why did it have to be you?!

   When you finally got to a stopping place, the first tear rolled down your cheek. You were so scared. You were scared of the forest and you were scared of yourself. Why did your mom have to go? Why couldn't she take you with her? "Pull yourself together, Y/N. They already think that you are weak. Just suck it up!" But that didn't work. In fact, the tears just kept coming down. When you looked up, you realized it was night time already. And on top of that, you could feel something creeping up on you and watching you. With little to no army training, you didn't know what to do, but you did remember your dad teaching you how to make a fire. So, you figured making a torch would require the same steps.

   You found a stick and grabbed a lighter out of your backpack. You tried lighting the stick on the lighter, but it wasn't working. 

   Then, suddenly you felt something drip on your shoulder. A little scream erupted out of your mouth and you jumped back and away from anything else that could harm you. You lit the lighter again but in the direction of where you were standing before.

   You saw something dripping from a leaf. It resembled sap. You thought that it might help with lighting the torch, so you put the stick under it and let the sap drip onto it.

   When your anxiety couldn't take it anymore, you quickly pulled the stick away and tried to light it on fire again, but this time it worked. Your happiness didn't last long when you pointed the torch behind you and saw eyes. A ton of eyes looking straight at you. Then, the eyes suddenly started to come at you. You quickly pointed the fire at them, thinking it would scare them away, but they just kept on coming. 

   "Stay back!" you screamed as you slowly started to walk backwards, but you weren't paying attention and you tripped over a tree stump. The things used that as an advantage and broke out in a run. Accepting that you would probably die, you closed your eyes and turned away.

   A loud cry made you reopen your eyes. Three men were killing the beasts. You didn't know if you should escape while those wild animals were distracted, but all those thoughts soon faded away when you saw what was killing them. Those three men were hybrids. That was the whole reason that you were there; you were looking for these hybrids.

.

.

   You didn't want to interrupt them as they stood over the dead animals and started to talk in a language that you didn't understand. You quickly turned around to leave but was met with a knife in your face. You quickly put your hands up in surrender. 

   "I-I'm sorry! I wasn't trying to do anything. I am lost. I can't find my friends. These things just tried to kill me, but I didn't mean any harm. Please, p-please don't kill me!" you exclaimed nervously. Another guy stepped out from behind a tree. How many were there?

   "We aren't going to kill you if you tell us why you're here."

.

.

   They were so quiet as they walked you through the forest. You could feel some of their eyes on you, but they didn't dare to say anything and neither did you. Before long, you guys stepped into a clearing. 

   "What is a disgusting human like you doing here?" one of them said. Well, that didn't help your nerves at all. You could practically feel your heart beat increase, and you're sure that they want to kill you and eat you for dinner. 

   "I-I," you took a deep breath before you started again, "I am here with a research team who was looking for you. I am only here because my mom wanted to see you, but-- I was planning on leaving as soon as I found you." All the boys looked at you with curiosity in their eyes.

   What was going to happen to you now?