Chapter 2

After leaving Tristan the message, Kailee decided to go to sleep as she didn't think he'd reply to her, after all she is just a nobody. Her thoughts were racing as she struggled to sleep because all she could think about was Tristan replied to her. She struggled with the question of "why her?". She tossed and turned all night thinking about Tristan's words to her. For the first time she felt a sense of peace because he noticed her. Maybe it was a random one time thing. Maybe she's overthinking things. She tells herself "he probably replies to everyone, not just me." This helped calm her mind as she drifted off to sleep.

Like clockwork for school, her mom comes in at 6am to wake her up while her phone vibrated which indicated she had a message. "WHO IN THE HELL WOULD TEXT YOU AT 6AM?!" Her mother roared as she went to retrieve her cellphone, but Kailee was much faster as she swiped her phone, accidentally hitting the video call button to which Tristan accepted not knowing what drama would unfold in front of him. Kailee runs out of the room with her phone in her hand. She heads outside to her secret getaway place and realizes she has accidentally called Tristan and he witnessed everything that just happened. She immediately gets flustered as he's on the face call and hangs up quickly.

As soon the call ended, Tristan immediately called back which took her by surprise. She accepted the call and spoke bitterly saying, "Enjoyed the show? Do you need an encore? Sorry to disappoint." As soon as the words came out, Tristan blinked in surprise before raising one of his eyebrows as he spoke, "Okay no I didn't enjoy the show and two what the fuck was that with your parents?" He was confused based on the fact his parents weren't like this with him. "Oh that's just an argument with my parents, oh wait that's like every day whenever something makes them mad." "I get the worse of it" Kailee says as she looks at him. Her facial features softening as her eyes held the pain she endured in her life as she smiled sadly.

"Um let's move on from my parents please." Kailee spoke softly as he agreed to a new subject which was TikTok, "I've posted some content and I was wondering if you could take a look at them and maybe possibly duet?" Her face held hope as she asked. "Sure! Give me your username and I'll check them out!" Tristan smiled brightly at her as she gave him her username Kailee_queens and awaited his reaction from looking at her content. "Damn Kailee, you're good! Really good." Tristan spoke in awe as he looked up from his other phone to look at her, "You should definitely come be a part of the DreamLA, a chance to make awesome tiktoks and be away from your parents." His blue eyes sparked interest as he felt his heart falling in love with the broken girl.

As soon as he mentioned coming to LA to be a part of the DreamLa team, Kailee blinked as she wasn't expecting his response to her content, "Um you think I should?" She questioned as she didn't think it was good enough to be asked to be a member, which Tristan nodded his head quickly as he rushed off with his phone to talk to Zach about her excitedly. "Zach! Man you should look at this girl's videos and see if she's DreamLA worthy to join us."

Zach, their manager, was curious about this Kailee person that Tristan was all hyped up about, "okay sure then Tristan." he spoke as he scrolled through the phone, his eyes bugged out at some of the content before looking to the girl who is currently FaceTiming Tristan as he spoke, "Damn woman, you're amazing!" he complimented as he was surprised by the content she put out. "You should come out and be a part of the DreamLA group, you'll be rooming with one of the guys until we can fix up a guest room."

As soon as he spoke the words, Tristan cried out, "HEY SHE CAN ROOM WITH ME!" Which made Kailee blink in surprise at his eagerness before giggling softly as she spoke, "Um sure! When should I come out?" She questioned Zach who was already making plans for her arrival, "Um sometime this Friday/Saturday. Pack what you can and we'll set you up with a bed and some stuff so you're welcome to get more in LA." Kailee nodded her head as she spoke gently, "I can be ready before Thursday, I'll just get my bags filled with clothes and be out that day. I don't have people back home I'll miss." As the words came out, Tristan knew the double meaning behind it but didn't say anything as it was her life to talk about in person. "Okay then Thursday 3am get ready to board the plane." Zach spoke as he finalized the plane ticket as he looked at her, "It's nice to have another girl to sort out the boys, as they need someone their age to hopefully straighten them out." He looked at Tristan as he narrowed his eyes to prove a point to him. Tristan exclaims "I'm the best one in this house." Zach rolls his eyes and Kailee giggles. Zach exits the room and the conversation continues with Tristan and Kailee as Kailee packs for LA.