02

[Thanks for your patience, y'all. I apologize for the amount of time it's taken for this chapter to come out.

This song kinda fit the end to me. Hopeful, yet an emotional tone to it.]

Nicolette's POV:

I stood on the side of the lacrosse field, watching Scott act odd on the field.

He started running towards the locker room.

Stiles glanced at me before running off and I followed him.

We entered the locker room and Scott started stalking up. I pulled out my sword and focused on the feeling in my gut.

"Get away from me!" Scott yelled.

The pipes rattled and water began pouring out, soaking both boys.

"Stiles, Nica - what happened?" Scott asked in a dazed tone.

"You tried to kill me and Nica. It's like we told you before. It's the anger. It's your pulse rising. It's a trigger."

"But that's lacrosse. It's a pretty violent game, if you hadn't noticed."

I crossed my arms. "Well, it'll get a lot more violent if you kill someone on that field. You can't play Saturday. You're gonna have to figure out a way out of that game."

"I'm first line."

"Not anymore," Stiles told him, turning to me. "What the hell was that? You can control water?!"

"Uh... yeah?" I replied.

"For how long?"

"For forever, I guess. Look, we don't have time to discuss what I can do."

Lydia sent me a message and I sighed, frowning at Scott before running off.

I met her at the hospital and asked, "How is he?"

"Well, your friend gave him a separated shoulder."

"I'm sorry. He's... He's just going through some things right now."

"Well, tell him to stop it and get it together!"

"Lydia, I can't, okay? This is something he's gotta figure out on his own."

She pursed her lips. "Fine."

The next day, after school, we gathered at Stiles'.

I glanced at my friend. "You seem more hyperactive than usual. You do anything out of the norm?"

"No, not really. Don't question it. You're just as bad as me. Maybe worse."

"Shut up."

"What did you find?" Stiles asked as soon as Scott appeared. "How did you find it? Where did you find it? And, yes, I've had a lot of Adderall, which Nica already questioned, so-"

"I found something at Derek Hale's," Scott interrupted.

"Are you kidding? What?"

"There's something buried there - I could smell blood."

"That's awesome! I mean, that's terrible. Whose blood?"

"I don't know. But when we do, your dad nails Derek for the murder. And then you two help me figure out how to play lacrosse without changing. Because there's no way I'm not playing that game."

I rolled my eyes. "Sure. Fine. Gotta go."

"Wait, where?"

"Nowhere you need to know. Bye-bye, Scotty. Don't get into too much trouble."