Chapter 3 - Bouquet

Y/N's POV

"That last class took waaaay too long," you complained as you walked out into the hallway.

"I get what you mean," Daichi responded as he broke out into a stretch. 

"At least we can have lunch now," Suga chirped happily. 

     You sighed and grinned at the silver haired boy. It seemed like his presence alone could lift your spirits. 

"You guys wanna go eat with Asahi?" Daichi asked. 

"I'm down," Suga agreed. 

The two of them turned to you, waiting for your response. 

"Sorry guys I'd love to, but I promised Tobio that I'd give him some change for the vending machines today. I'll only be gone for a few minutes though, so I'll come back afterwards." 

Suga frowned slightly, "I can accompany you if you want. You know... just so you don't get lost."

"I-I think I should be okay but thank you," you replied as your face flushed a light shade of pink. "I'll make it quick I swear. I don't want to take up time from you guys eating anyways."

"Alright but don't go skimping on your meals either," Suga replied. 

     You made a goofy face and held a thumbs up as you turned to walk down the hallway. What is it with me being so silly around him?! First I call him my setter buddy and now I'm making funny faces? I think Tooru is rubbing off on me too much...

Small Time Skip

"Hey Kags you sure took your sweet time getting here!" you teased as you spotted your little brother trudging towards you in the distance. 

He sighed and gave you a look, "Sorry, Hinata wouldn't shut up." 

"He's the red head you've told me about right? The guy who can jump?" 

"That's the one," he practically growled. 

     You let out a small laugh and opened your bag, rummaging through it to find your wallet. You didn't bother pressing on about Hinata since it was obvious your brother wasn't mad. If anything he just seems slightly annoyed...

"Anyways how's your first day going?" Tobio asked filling the silence. 

"It's good," you answered still looking for your wallet, "Daichi, Asahi and Suga were- OW! OW!! OW!!!" 

     Suddenly a sharp sting erupted all along your left forearm. The frick?! What the-

"Are you okay?!" your brother yelled. 

"I-I think so?" you gasped, folding up the cuff of your jacket to see what was causing the pain. 

     Your eyes immediately landed on the daisy that was there from this morning. Nothing had changed. It still looked the same. Am I just imagining it? I can't be...

     You frowned, obviously puzzled by what just occurred. Maybe there was something somewhere else on your arm? 

     You began to roll your sleeve up to your elbow, your hands trembling from both nervousness and excitement. Usually your soulmate was never this active when it came to communicating with you. In fact it was actually frowned upon to "spam" your soulmate, as the marks that appeared by doing so could cause pain and irritation. 

     You continued to struggle for a few more seconds before you finally got your sleeve to stay down. Screw these stupid jackets... you thought darkly.