Chapter Two

Hailey talked to Luke for a while longer, then disappeared for a while. The blonde was joined by his friends again, the three of them wanting to know what he and the hostess talked about.
"She's really just- she's hard to describe." Luke admitted after being questioned by his bandmates.

Hailey's phone rang from where she was on one of the balconies on the second floor. She'd locked the door to the room she was in after her, knowing one of her family members would be calling her any minute.
"Hailey, how're you doing?" Nicola asked, and the blonde smiled.
"Australia's pretty, Nic. I like it here, and no one's found out about..." Hailey trailed off, knowing her cousin knew exactly what she was talking about.
"I really wish you could've stayed here in Wolverhampton. We were able to keep your secret for almost seventeen years, it isn't fair that he told. It isn't fair that once people find out they don't like you anymore." Nicola sighed, and Hailey glanced at her hands.
"I know, Nic. I wish I could've stayed too, but you know what people would've done if I had." She bit her lip, wanting to just fly back to Wolverhampton and have everything be back to normal.
But she lived in Australia now, in this four story house that was too big for her. She couldn't go back to Wolverhampton, her secret had gotten out there. It couldn't happen here, Hailey wanted to stay. She wanted to be able to live in peace without her secret getting out. She wanted to make friends and laugh and have fun and pretend she was normal.
"Liam nearly threw a fit because we didn't keep you in England." Nicola chuckled, and Hailey tried to laugh with her.
"How's Karen doing?" The blonde asked, remembering that her family member had been the first to accept her after finding out her secret.
"She misses you, just like Ruth, Liam, and Dad do." Nicola said, making Hailey feel bad about having to leave.
"I miss you all too. It hasn't even been a month, but Australia isn't the same as England. Perth isn't the same as Wolverhampton." Hailey admitted, and sighed when she had to say goodbye so Nicola could get to work.
Hailey put her phone down on the nightstand when the call was over, and sighed. She wanted to go back to Wolverhampton, but she couldn't because her secret had gotten out and people would hurt her if she went back.
She couldn't let the same happen here. She just had to make sure no one got close enough to find out her secret. She couldn't let her secret get out again. Hailey didn't want to keep moving every time her secret got out, she didn't want to keep being the new girl every time someone found out and told everyone what a freak she was. Only her family accepted her, and it had taken them each at least a month to do so.
She couldn't let anyone find out her secret again, it wasn't even a secret she wanted to have. It wasn't even a secret she asked to have, it'd been forced onto her. Her parents had thrown her out when they found out what had happened to her, had called her horrible names and said she wasn't their daughter anymore.
Hailey had been lucky she was close to other members of the family. Karen's side of the family had taken her in when she'd been kicked out for something outside her control, even if they hadn't found out why until nearly a year after Hailey began living with them.
Even if she'd been unnerved by Hailey's secret, Karen had accepted her when her own parents wouldn't even look at her anymore, even when they had been alive. Karen had given Hailey a home. Even if it had been all Hailey's fault her secret had gotten out; she wouldn't make the same mistake twice.