Chapter 14

The two found the vulture and Peter shot a web that transported him and Lola to the plane.

The vulture confronted the two and Peter started fighting him. However, Peter's web snapped and he almost hit the propeller. Liz's dad's suit hit the propeller and damaged it some. The plane began to descend as Peter tried to guide it.

It crashed on the beach in front of Coney Island. Toomes attacked Peter, knocking him unconscious and throwing him to the side.

"Hey!" Lola yells as Toomes turns to face her. "Forget about me?"

Toomes charges at Lola but is knocked down by her. He gets back up, but is knocked down again.

"Never thought you would get your butt beaten by a girl did you?"

Toomes' wing comes around and hits Lola,  knocking her unconscious.

As Toomes starts to get away, Peter regains consciousnesses and shoots a web at him.

"Give it up Pete."

"I'm trying to save you."

With that, the wings exploded, sending Toomes down. 

Peter and a now conscious Lola limp over and drag Toomes out of the fire. Peter webs him up, leaving a note and the two sit on top of a Coney Island ride as they calm down and catch their breath.

"Alright, I know I have a lot of explaining to do and it's going to sound crazy but bear with me okay?"

"Okay." Ned said.

"I'm the daughter of the Winter Soldier."

"What?"

"And I was raised and trained by Hydra to be an assassin."

"What?!"

"And when Shield fell, the avengers found me and took me in. Peter and I know each other from when we fought together in Germany."

Ned just stared at the girl in shock.

"He's taking it better than I thought he would." Peter said with a chuckle.

"I think he's in shock."

Ned blinked a few times then shook his head. "So let me get this straight, you're the Winter Soldier's daughter? The same Winter Soldier that was in the news 2 months ago that Captain America helped escape?"

"Yes."

"Does he know you're his daughter?"

"No, I've never met him."

"And you were raised by Hydra and trained to be an assassin like your father?"

"Yes."

"And then when Shield fell, the avengers found you?"

"Yes. They raided all the Hydra compounds and that's how they found me."

"Why'd you go with them?"

"They said they had info on my dad and I wanted that info."

"Okay. But you're good now?"

"Yes Ned. I've been with the avengers for 2 years now. Tony sent me to Midtown so I could have the normal life I never had."

"So that's why you said never had a crush and it was a sign of weakness?"

"Yes but I'm learning to open up. Ask Peter, I threatened to kill him and hurt him within 2 days of meeting him. And now we're friends."

"Dude, she really did that?"

"Yeah." Peter responded.

Later at school, Peter said goodbye to Liz, apologizing for everything. During the Academic Decathlon meeting, he received a text from Happy telling him to go to the bathroom.

A few hours later, Peter was at the avengers base, Tony offering him a place on the team, which Peter denied.

When he got back home, he found his suit and went out to patrol. He was sitting on a building when he heard a voice.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"You still need a sidekick?"

"I was thinking more along the lines of a partner. Sidekick sounds so degrading."

The two teens smiled as each other and then they were interrupted by an alarm going off.

"Duty calls." Lola said.

"Wait! You need a mask."

"I got one." Lola said holding up a mask.

"Then let's go partner."