Chapter 1

Zhou Cheng was running with a bag. His legs sprinting to reach Xiao Zhan's house.

He was scared but he was willing to take his chances because he knew the older's capabilities.

He knocked on the door, showing his face in front of the tiny screen in the front door.

The face authenticator giving a green signal. He pulled out his pass as the screen once again scanned the bar code.

He opened the door.

"Welcome" a voice whom he recognized as Lulu greeted.

Lulu was one of Xiao Zhan's greatest creations. A voice assistant who was in the form of a wrist band, the molecular structure of the band created in such a way that it was capable of changing its shape.

The little wrist band was capable of manipulating anything, Zhan had obviously instigated the bountiful cheat codes and data that he knew in the band. He programmed it so well. That was Xiao Zhan for you.

He went upstairs knowing that Zhan was playing a pc game.

He opened the door.

"Hey Zhan, I came for the game."
Zhou Cheng gave a sheepish grin.

Zhan was splayed on the sofa as he continued to harshly press the buttons of the controller.

"I told you that I'm not going to do it. I'm in house arrest you idiot." Zhan shouted, his eyes still fixed on the game.

"Well I basically got permission though from the your officer incharge." He swiped his phone showing the issue granted to him.

"I don't want to get in trouble again you dumb ramsack." Zhan scoffed.

Zhou Cheng knew what the older was talking about but this was no joke. This meant the future of VR technology. The mainstream production of his products were in a few months and he had to get the prototypes ready.

"This is important Zhan. Think about those people who decided to be Beta Testers for the prototypes. They have families too. You have to do it Zhan I trust you. Please." Zhou Cheng begged.

Zhou Cheng who had started a VR gaming company had developed an augmented reality visor. Something that he thought would be a breakthrough for VR technology since most VR and AVR headsets had issues when it came to health.

But the people who took part in the beta tests had seemed be slumped off to sleep the moment they wore the visors. This wasn't good and they had tried to find what was the technical faults in the game but it was of no use.

The people were sleeping and their brains were not responding but they were still breathing. A strange occurrence which he kept a secret from his investors, colleagues, partners and share holders .Only Xiao Zhan knew this matter.

He had to show the board of directors the product in a few months before they would be approved for production but this problem could bring a stop to Zhou Cheng's career. The economical loss that he would go thorough if he withdrew the project was an even greater nightmare.

He had asked Zhan to test the product or maybe try it. Even though there were risks Xiao Zhan could get through it or at least he hoped.

Xiao Zhan was just five when he started to learn about computers. He just wanted free subscriptions to watch star wars which later made him into a cracker. His methods flourished so well he became an ethical hacker. One that was capable of things beyond the average. Until he got into trouble. He was involved in a scandalous plan, a treacherous manipulation of public which he spoke for and now he was in house arrest. He wanted to get out. He sick if his house. He really was.

Since the programming of the game was mostly done by Zhan, the cheat codes, technical faults and program crashes could be easily detected by Zhan. Zhan was his last hope that could save him from this downfall.

"I'll do it but if I'm in dead or in coma I swear to you my ghost won't spare you." Zhan said gating as he put down the controller. Zhan always had a thing for doing the right thing. One that always got him in trouble. This time he had hell coming for him.

"Thank you Zhan." Zhou Cheng hugged the older.

"Are you ready ?" Zhou Cheng asked as he opened his laptop whic showed the raw programming codes of the game.

"Yep" Zhan said. His body carrying all the medical contraptions since Zhou Cheng needed to see his physical response.

Zhan wore his Visor, fixing the micro voice conceiver in his earring. He stepped in the the white space or the game zone as he pushed the buttons on his Visor waiting for the game zone to appear.

He was closing his eyes his legs standing still, but his body, it felt as though it was jumping through space. This was not what he tried when he was making the visor alone ng with Zhou Cheng.

He opened his eyes as he witnessed a black void in front. It seemed endless. An infinity hole or a black hole was what it looked like for Zhan. His head was still dizzy, he pressed on the voice conceiver in his ear. But he got no response. He pulled it out of his earring.

"Lulu scan it." He said holding the device.

"Sir it isn't responding. The place we are in seems to have radar jammers."

"Where are we then Lulu."

"The geographical location cannot be pinpointed. The location of where seems to have no radiowaves. The communication system in this place does not use an NAT system."

Zhan was confused, where in the world was he ?

"Welcome Mister Zhan. I shall be accompanying you on your journey here. I am you helper." A young handsome man who seemed younger than Zhan spoke as he gave a bright smile.

This was going to be a hell of a ride.

___________________________

Hi this is your shitty author and this book would have terms which you may not understand whereas some are made up so you are free to ask questions. This is a sci fi thriller that is.

And I'm lazy.

Hope you enjoy.

Please go check my graphics shop I swear I don't bite.