0. Mayhem

Song: Mayhem by Halestorm

***

It was the middle of June and the height of summer in Tokyo, Japan. Where the temperature is yet to hit its peak, enveloped my surrounding with a very bright morning and the soulful melodies of the cicadas.

It was a day when the perspiration would surface on your forehead, your cheeks, the bridge of your nose, and run in rivulets down your face until you became sodden.

It was also the worst day to wear layers of white linen and silk, and a large red tomato head piece as I compared myself to the full-size mirror placed in the middle of the room, where countless fabrics were thrown all over the place. I contemplated whether to just have white Humpty Dumpty wataboshi hood or just go ahead with the tomato head.

"You look ridiculous," I agreed to the voice behind me only to turn around so quickly I was surprised I didn't give myself a whiplash.

There he stood with his blood raining down on the tatami flooring of the room I was in. But with him, you can never really be sure if it was even his blood.

I looked at him with a scowl when realisation dawned upon me of the unwelcome guest of my supposedly special day. Ah-it really was a special day, for both him and I at least.

I met his bright blue eyes and the hot sweltering weather contributed for the formation of sweat beads on each side of my temple as he smiled at me with an all too familiar smile. A smile so hauntingly beautiful, it made my blood ran cold. It was a smile of a boy delighting in a game. It was both beautiful and cruel for it was the smile of an imp descended from the devil himself.

"So you're doing it then? You're going to kill me now." I asked, more or so stated and in return I received his answer with the face of his automatic .45 colt pistol.

Confused yet?

To tell you the story of how the most dangerous Bratva member of the Russian mob came to literally put the crash in gate-crash into my wedding day with the accompaniment of blood and scent of gun powder, I'll have to take you back to the time before I placed my skinny ass into this ridiculous white and red wedding ensemble.

***

Not edited.