"say it again"

ship: lumark
contains: fluff
word count: 1550

•••

"mark!"

mark shot up from his bed when he heard his front door slam open and a familiar shout echo through the halls.

"how did you even get in-" mark said as his best friend walked into his room with a beaming smile.

"not important! now hurry up and get ready, I've got plans for us."

mark groaned as he flopped back onto the bed wrapping himself in his sheets. "no thanks, I'd rather stay here all day."

the older wasn't having any of that, so he pulled marks sheets off of him into to find himself freezing at what he saw.

mark whined and lifted his arms to cover his eyes, leaving his body in view. what the older hadn't expected to see was a shirtless mark, his abs on show as his sweatpants hung loosely on his hips, dipping one side showing skin.

his eyes travelled upwards as he gulped, taking the sight in. he watched as mark moved his arms, his half lidded eyes looking up at him sleepily with his messy hair falling over his forehead.

"why are you looking at me like that?" he snapped out of it as mark sat up in his bed, tilting his head as he observed the elder, "lucas, dude, are you alright?"

lucas hummed slightly in response, his mind fogging up as he couldn't think of anything other than mark. "uh yeah." he cleared his throat as he sat down on the bed next to mark, "when did you start sleeping shirtless though?"

mark snickered as he playfully shoved the taller, "why? like what you see?"

what he hadn't expected was for lucas to mumble out a small "very." while looking him up and down. the older seemed to have let that slip and his eyes widened when he realised he said that out loud.

"I-I mean get the fuck up and get ready, we've got places to be."

mark watched as lucas bolted out avoiding his eyes, shrugging he got up and made his way to the bathroom unaware of lucas having a whole crisis downstairs.

•••

lucas flopped down on the couch with a groan, covering his face with his hands.

"very." he mumbled before shoving a pillow in his face to muffle his screams. "very, lucas, what the fuck."

he shook his head as he just decided to wait patiently for the younger, and to hope he doesn't bring up his silly slip up.

he scrolled through his phone to keep himself occupied until he heard mark's footsteps coming down the stairs around twenty minutes later.

"sheesh, took you long enough." lucas complained loudly as he went and grabbed his jacket, not sparing the other a glance.

"shut the fuck up." he heard mark scuffle around behind him, and the light jingle of keys as mark grabbed all his belongings, "you can't expect me to be lightning mcfuckingqueen when you wake me up at god knows what-"