How Many Years has it Been?

"Many days, hours, weeks, months, years passed and I'm still stuck here in this darkness..."

[Y/N] heard a crack behind her. She could feel the hard stones breaking. She opened her eyes slowly and saw the bright sun shining above her.

"[Y/N]", her name was called from behind. [Y/N] turned around to face her childhood friend, Tsukasa.

"Tsukasa-san", she muttered.

[Y/N] glanced around and stared back at Tsukasa. She asked what happened.

"You were petrified along with everyone else in the world", Tsukasa replied.

[Y/N] sighed, "Do you perhaps know how long was I petrified?" she stared at Tsukasa.

"3,700 years" he replied. [Y/N] was silent for a while before realizing she was half-naked, "It seems to me that I am barely half-naked?" She raised an eyebrow looking at the simple cloth wrapping her.

"Yes. Everyone who was awake from petrification woke up naked", Tsukasa answered. He then flicked his fingers and signal a man to give the clothes to [Y/N].

The man gave [Y/N] the clothes that were similar to his.

"Thank you..." [Y/N] looked up to see a familiar man.

"Gen Asagiri?" She tilted her head as the name echoed inside her head. The man also tilted his head

"Oh I know you!" He pointed at [Y/N].

[Y/N] was shocked, "You do?"

Gen smiled, "We always bump into each other at the same cafe"

"How could he remember my face after only seeing each other once a week?"

[Y/N] thought as she began to dress up.

Tsukasa called on Gen. "Gen, I have something I want you to do"

"Find out if a scientist named Senku is still alive"

[Y/N] glanced at the two men talking. Wondering if it was Senku whom she knew or just someone else.

"Tsukasa-san, I really don't know what's going on, but why are you suddenly searching for a man named Senku?"

[Y/N] stared at Tsukasa thinking something must've happened before she was awoken.

"I haven't mentioned Senku's name to him. How does he know him?"

[Y/N] was still confused yet she decided to hasten her thoughts of the situation.

"Can I maybe- go with Gen?" [Y/N] asked.

Tsukasa glanced and agreed.

The two began to walk away from Tsukasa's area.

On their way to the direction that Tsukasa gave them, [Y/N] kept staring at Gen from behind. She kept her pace as he walked faster. Then, he sighed loudly,

"Your gazes are too menacing for me to concentrate, dear [Y/N]", Gen stopped.

"Hm? Oh sorry", [Y/N] apologized as she averted her glance. Gen stared at her then approached her,

"Say, dear [Y/N], do you perhaps know this guy named Senku?"

[Y/N] stared at Gen who was smiling innocently at her. She sighed,

"I guess there's no reason lying to a mentalist. Whether they asked the question knowing the answer or asked the question not knowing the answer but using their critical skills by thinking of a way to get to a person's mind through mind-reading or just by looking at their faces. Either way, they'd get the answer just by looking at the person deep into their eyes, just like what you're doing right now. And I guess you knew that I'm the type to not lie in front of a person I know. If I were lying to you right now, it would only make me uncomfortable enough for you to realize I was lying.", [Y/N] stared at Gen

"Yes, I know Senku", she briefly answered.

Gen smirked, "You're too blunt for me to even understand you. Earlier you were quiet, and now you're very expressive", Gen chuckled.

"It's because my mouth was numb along with my whole body. Being petrified for a long time might've reduced the human body's physical health. Though I can't be so sure about mental health", [Y/N] answered as she glanced at her right arm.

Along the way, [Y/N] and Gen talked about their lives before the petrification.

They arrived at an island village that seems to be connected to another island.

"Is Senku in there?" [Y/N] thought. Gen then grabbed [Y/N]'s arms and pulled her behind the bushes. "Look over there", he pointed at a small hut outside the village. "A hut?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Senku must be in there", Gen grinned. [Y/N] took a closer look and saw two people fighting outside the hut.

"Only a gorilla would think of that"

"Go-ri-lla?"

"Ouch! What was that for?!"

"For calling me a gorilla of course!"

"You're always so violent, Kohaku!"

"It's because you're getting on my nerves!!"

Two people shouting at each other.

"Kohaku..." [Y/N] muttered. "Remembering names might be useful in the future", she sighed. "Mm, I guess you're right. Remembering names would give an advantage", Gen hummed. , [Y/N] pointed at the people gathering outside the village.

"There seems to be an event?" [Y/N] tilted her head.

"Senku must surely be inside that hut there...", Gen sighed. [Y/N] then pointed at the gathered people, "No, I think Senku's over there..."

"Senku?" Gen stared at the gathered people, "There's too many of them. How would I know if it's him", Gen sighed. "You'll know once you see him. He has green tips on his hair, and his eyes are as red as rubies. You'll definitely get it the first time", [Y/N] shrugged her shoulders.

Gen stared at [Y/N], "Why are you telling me this? Aren't you afraid that something might happen to your friend?" He asked.

[Y/N] sighed, "Either way you'd figure it out", she answered.

"You're too cold-hearted, dear [Y/N]~ Even a friend of yours will you feed to the predators", Gen slouched.

"Not really. I just thought that playing with a mentalist would only give me a disadvantage. And I don't want that", [Y/N] shrugged.

Gen stood up and went past [Y/N], "Then I'm going. You coming?" Gen asked.

[Y/N] stared at him then sighed, "No thanks"

She stood up and dusted her clothes.

"I guess this is where we'll be parting ways for now", Gen pouted.

"Don't be too emotional about it. We've only just met", [Y/N] fixed her clothes.

Gen chuckled, "Not technically. We only just spoke with each other. We've seen each other once a week before"

Both [Y/N] and Gen walked away. While Gen's going to the village, [Y/N] went back to Tsukasa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Day Everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day today! If you're liking the story so far (follow) is just around the corner xD. Labs Y'alls!~

Total Words Count- 1048