Dedicated to TriciaDehler for being my inspiration..

Always the second choice......

The god of mischief bitterly muses to himself as he downs yet another cup of ambrosia that can make his misery go away for a little while but it comes back full force when he is sober.

2 centuries of waiting for one person...2 centuries waiting for a goddess that took my heart away the very first time I saw her step into that arena...

Memories....

Memories are the only essential things left to remind Hermes of the woman he once shared his home, bed and most importantly his heart with.

It's like the more he drunk the more memories with her resurfaced from his subconscious.
He was used to the way she was so sweet and innocent,all she ever wanted at first was to discover the way things worked on the outside world.

Other women would have asked for the world but all she wanted was the sweet succulent taste of strawberries and sizzle of wine on her tongue.
When he was with her he lost all traces of unhappiness and loneliness that comes with being a god.

Maybe all that innocence went away the day she became a goddess.

Maybe it was the day she was forced to end the first man she loved..

The first man she loved with all her heart and soul.
That's when she was stripped of her innocence.

Maybe it was during the time she was locked up since Childhood.

It was no use thinking of the maybes or maybe nots but at some point in her life she changed , for the worse..

"You know if you continue with that ,you might end up drowning in your misery, seen your uncle Don lately,he now depends on alcohol more than the way his own creatures depend on water", says Dionysus with a low chuckle.

At this moment I feel numb I can't even smile.

Instead I turn around and ask him," what do you want little brother? "

"If we were to count the number of women, men and creature I did up and down you would be calling me big bro because I would older than you by centuries of lovemaking",he says smirking.
Too numb to answer I just finish up my drink.

" You wanna know something brother, I'm in no mood to listen to tales of your promiscuity ", I say with a lazy eye-roll.

" Not your fault I'm always here n the mood to tell escapedes ," he says with a smirk.

I just continue with swig after swig of ambrosia.

" Is this still about our goddess of bor-",he doesn't finish the sentence as I give him a look daring him to continue.

"Ok ok.... just asking.. Easy there tiger", he says with raised hands as if I'm a wounded animal.

My goblet fills up again and I down yet another cup of the ambrosia I hope will make me forget her but it can't.

" Even if it's about her ...... What makes you think that if I talk about her it will make me feel the way I want to feel about her? "

"And how do you want to feel about her well other than being this mess",he says gesturing to the messy room that is always clean, but I have refused to let anyone in.

I feel anger surging through my veins turning my golden blood molten. I immediately snap directing the anger.

" You really wanna know! I want to forget her! I want to be able to look at her and feel towards her the way she feels towards me! I just want to forget her !", I say with so much anger ,the room shakes and I throw my goblet across the room.

"Then simply forget her", Dionysus says calmly whilst sipping from his own goblet that has materialized in his hand.

Then I remember something.

" How did you get in here?",I ask him cautiously.

"The perks of being a god, big brother..and I never miss a good drinking party", he says now drinking from a bottle.

Something still doesn't add up.

" Who put you up to this?",I say now standing facing him though he is slightly shorter than me.

"Nothing ever got past you,huh?", he says with that smirk plastered on his face.

" Who put you up to this?",I say with less patience now.

"Oh , I almost forgot you are the god of mischief and all", he says with an eye-roll.

At a speed only seen by the gods , I slam him against the wall.
This time I don't repeat my question I just look at him with a menacing look because I'm not in the mood to jest right now.

" Cho.. .nig.me",he tries to say but ends up failing.

I let go of him and he takes in deep breaths.

"Man being in that Tibetan dagger really did a number on me", he says still breathing hard.

I fold my arms and wait for him to speak.

" You have been summoned",he says still rubbing his neck.

"By?", I say with irritation seeping through my veins.

" By the Oracle", he says now standing straight.

"Why?"

"The news is everywhere", he says clearly exasperated.

" What news ? and how come I haven't heard of it ?" I ask nonchalantly.

"You would have heard but I guess you are busy drowning your immortal life away in ambrosia", he says gesturing at the messy room again.

" Just tell me the news and be on your way", I say.

"Ok, the Earth Mother soon awakens", he says with a strange look in his eyes.

" The who?"

"Gaia awakens soon brother", he says with the same look again.
I pick up his bottle from the floor.

" So?",I say not caring anymore about prophecies and what-nots as I take another swig from his bottle.

He pinches the bridge of his nose looking irritated.

"Come on,let's go sober you up", he says opening the door and pushes me out of my room and I'm too drunk to refuse anymore and quiet honestly I don't care anymore.

I must be really drunk to hear him talking about sobering up.

A/n: Characters remain the same as from the original ichor series if there are any new ones I'll put some characters or you are free to imagine your own.

Other than that Thank-you for giving this book a chance and stay blessed.

Love❤ xx❤ sambi Mels❤❤