Dedicated to xexcticx ❤❤❤

I try to pull and tag at my curls but it's like the look I want can't be pulled off.I just end up pulling all my kinky curly hair into a bun at the nape of my neck.

With two steps from the dressing mirror I go to my wardrobe to check out which clothes will make a great outfit for tonight.

As I browse through I just want to get this done quickly so I just go with the black sleek floor length velvet dress.

I search for the perfect shoes under my clothes in the wardrobe and I end up choosing black stilettos.

After putting on light make up, I put on the dress and then the shoes.
I take my time staring ay reflection in the mirror.

I have always been told I look exactly like my mom. The kinky curly black hair , the cupid bow lips,the heart shaped face, the dark brown eyes and the dark brown skin. From my father's side I only take his tall height.

"You look stunning my dear, your mom would be so proud of you", says my uncle Hakeem as I walk into the dining room.

" Thank-you uncle",I say as he wraps me in a hug and presses a kiss on my forehead.

"Let's go we don't want to be late ,seeing that we are the hosts ", he says as he guides me towards the front door.

As the last remaining descendants of the Erebus family line , me and my uncle are charged with being the hosts of the founders ball each year.

After both of my parents perished in an accident, Hakeem, my Mom's younger brother took me in as my legal guardian.

He has always in charge of the founders ball after my parents died. The ball serves as a historical landmark in our town for many centuries dating back to the somewhere in the 15th century When humans were slaves and it was done in secrecy. It is said that one of my great great great great grandfathers layed the milestone that started the town , in secret of course.
They say it's to celebrate the day humans began growing a back bone against the gods.

But since the great war and having lady saffron on our side it wasn't done in secret anymore.

We arrive pretty early and I go around checking if everything is in order.

Each and every year the town hall is the venue for the ball. All of the town's members with lineage of the other founders that came after my great great great grandfather into the town, always loan their family heirloom for the display which is showcased for everyone to see the heritage of the town. Even tourists are welcome to join the celebrations.

Just before my uncle starts the the ball , I go to check the display showcasing the town's heirlooms.
As I'm going through the process of checking if everything on the list is there, I feel a certain vibration through my body,I lose my breath for a few minutes, leaning against the glass I take a deep breath.
I open my eyes , they go straight to look at a necklace with an intricate detailed designed pendant.
I close my eyes and take a deep breath and everything is back to normal again.

After I finish checking the list I give the it to a worker and I go to my table and I sit.

Uncle Hakeem goes through all the welcoming remarks and adds a few jokes here and there and the ball begins .

I sip carefully on the wine, because nobody wants a drunk hostess.

I go around and mingle with a few people and I lead some guests and tourists around the display, explaining what each artifact means to our town.
When I reach the last artifact which is the necklace with the intricate designed pendant I feel the strange vibration again.

"Are you okay,miss?", asks a concerned gentleman.

I take a deep breath again.

Everybody seems to be spotting concerned looks on their faces.

" I'm OK".

I put on a fake smile.

" This pendant is believed to have been-"

I'm cut off when we all hear a scream from the other side of the room.

Everybody has now turned their attention to the commotion.

Someone pulls my hand .

When I turn around I'm facing eyes with a deep shade of green.

In his hand is the necklace.

"Come with me if you want to live", is all he says.

I do the only thing that comes to my mind and I scream.

A/n: Double bill today, see you in the next chapter...