One

I know I like to start a lot of books and then never finish them, but I am really passionate about this book. I am putting it out there sort of as a test. Do you guys like this story? Would you read more? There is more!

________________________

The outline of his sleeping figure in my bed alone was enough to make me blush. The way his chest rose and fell, how his jaw clentched every once in awhile when he'd have a sleeping tick. I couldn't stop myself from staring he was deluctably edible, looking more delicious than anything my mother had ever cooked. I bit my lip in frustration because I knew my gawking was wrong, yet so right.

His biceps were like mountains upon mountains, I wondered what muscles he hid beneath his shirt. They must be even more fantastic considering how hard he'd worked for them. I could almost make out the outline through the thin fabric.

"Lucy are you gonna wake them up or not?" My mother whispered loudly from down the hall making me jump six feet in the air guiltily. I nodded shaking my head from the daze I was in. I turned back to the room and walked quietly still nervous about waking this stranger. I raised my hand slowly placing it on his upper arm to shake him awake.

"Hey." I spoke in a hushed tone shaking him lightly. His eyes shot open and I was wisped off my feet so quickly I got a head rush. He flipped me under him, his eyes were menacing, his hand gripped just below my chin. My heart was racing, and all I could do was blink mindlessly trying not to freak out.

He slowly removed his hand from around my neck and scooted away from me placing his hands on either side of his shaved head shifting into a ball. I finally caught my breath and sat up slowly afraid he might judo chop me in half this time but he stayed so still he looked like a statue. I looked away brushing my hair behind my ear and slowly got off the bed.

"I'm sorry." He nearly whispered glancing up at me with soft eyes. I nodded in understanding because that was all I could do. Being a marine with post tramatic stress did that to you I suppose and I was not really being considerate of that by waltzing in here and touching him while he was vulnerable.

"It's okay, I shouldn't have touched you." I should have known better, my brother Dylan was a little more relaxed seeing as he'd been home longer. He was the same way two weeks ago. Jumpy, always on guard, taking every little action as a threat..

Took him awhile to even start speaking to us and explained that it was because he just wasn't use to being able to freely express himself.

"Breakfast is ready..." I finally told him motioning toward the kitchen with my head. He gave me a curt nod and stood. He was at least a couple inches over 6 foot tall and made me feel small and I was tall for a girl. I am 5'8", and thin as a rail with hardly any assets to show for. Luckily my boobs weren't totally non existent and I could fill out my shorts, but nothing too special.

He however; was not thin, each of his limbs were rounder than my head in a very intimidating way. He could probably snap me in half if he wanted to. I didn't look at him anymore because I felt guilty for oogling him while he was sleeping even though he didn't know that. I stalked into the next room to wake my brother and I knew he wouldn't try to kill me so I smacked him over the head with a pillow.

The table was a lot more quiet than usual. I'm guessing it had to do with the fact Evander (my brother's best friend) was staying with us. He seemed so scarred, more so than my brother had been two weeks ago. I wondered what was going on through his head and what things he had seen to make him this way. His eyes were so hard and filled with emotion I was uncomfortable just being in the same room with him. He gave off a raw aura that made me feel uneasy.

"So Evander, how long will you be staying with us?" My mother attempted conversation like she usually did in order to dissapate the awkwardness. She tried to make everyone feel welcome even if she wasn't entirely fond of them. My brother coughed as if he didn't want her to talk about it, or even talk to him.