a sight for sore eyes

sitting on the bed I could not believe what was righto in front of me... a man who I forgotten,a man who I thought I would never see again.
I thought.
"Dave.. long time" I say keeping my composure

"no see ..." he says finishing the phrase. then continues " what a delight it is to see you again I'm the flesh" he smiles

" well sorry to break it to you but the feeling isn't mutual " I say with a reluctant and sarcastic smile

" you always did have the fiery and fiesty personality unlike your sister"

Dave goes to sit in the chair In front of the bed. my heart stopped for a second Even though it felt like an hour.

my sister... scarlet, she ran away from home at age 16 I seen her a few times around the city, but every time I go up and try to say hi she would just leave without a word. I didn't know if it was me or the fact that I saw her. She never even told me why she left,where she was going.

all I remember is one morning she gave me a goodbye hug and just left... disappeared like a ghost.

I never brought her up because I pained me to talk about it to anyone, but the fact that he knows her makes me wonder how?

Dave, his brother james, my sister and I go back, way back.

we grew up together since the 1st grade living on the same steer 3 doors down from each other,we always had each others back no matter what

in high-school James and scarlet began to develop feelings for each other. the same become of me and Dave, we were thick as thieves on the road taking long road trips from new Orleans to California to Montana to Kansas to Texas to Florida. but things never go as perfect as we planned,  It all started when we where on our way to new York. we saw a couple stranded on the side of the road with their hazard lights on. James decides it would be a nice thing to do, to just help them out. James and Dave go to help then with a jump, but the man pulled a gun on them scarlet and I where scared so we got down lower in the car hoping the gunman wouldn't see us.

I look up to see the boys to see if they are okay.

I look up to see James, blue electric light forms from his hand and shoots the man in his heart

Dave makes fire from his hand blowing it through her heart as well.

my eyes widen, my mouth dropped and I couldn't keep my eyes off of them.

scarlet looks at me with the same expression from the back seat. Dave and James comes back to the car and gets inside.

they told us not to go anywhere and stay in the car. but after what I saw I knew I didn't want to take the risk, the boys hid the bodies and got rid of the car.

the whole ride was silent, they explained everything that happened and what they had. scarlet seemed less afraid but I still had a sickening feeling in my stomach

James and scarlet became like bonny and Clyde,  while James and I became closer as well

days passed,we became more malevolent, I overheard then speaking of running away to some place they found but I thought nothing of it. I still remember all the horrible things we did, I knew it wasn't right so I had to leave, even if it meant fighting my way out, I wanted scarlet to go with me but she wanted to stay she was so in love she didn't want to go. I loved Dave, but I knew what was right.

James is the reason why scarlet ran away... she ran away with him.

I get out of deep thought and look to Dave fixed on my complex look on my face