2

I was half awake by the time we arrived at the palace. It was a two days trip, and I hadn't slept a wink for the last three days. "My Lady, welcome to Kristina Palace." Benjamin says softly, half asleep also. I perk up and rub my eyes, trying to get at least an ounce of liveliness from the act. 

I look out the window to see a white and gold palace, the castle looked like it was at one point gorgeous, but over time vines had grown up the sides of the stone walls, the nature looking beautiful somehow. The front gravel round-a-bout lead up to a grand marble stair entrance, the doors to the castle huge and tall, dark oak wood with black iron designs winding up to the very top, it was beautiful, even in the darkness of night. "What time is it Advisor?" I ask, wondering why it was night already.

"12 pm. My Lady."

"Then why is the day, night?"

"The sorceress cursed us to be in darkness until the curse is broken." The advisor says tiredly. I nod, picking up my luggage and stepping out of the vehicle, greeting the guards and staff stationed to greet me. "May I take your luggage to your chambers My Lady?" A maid who stepped forward asked. 

"Please, thank you so much." I thank the blonde haired blue eyed maid. She looks at me with wide eyes, but covers it with a smile. I keep getting those looks, but I have no idea what the expressions mean. The widening of the eyes and the puzzled expression. 

"Miss Valakia, please follow me to your chambers." Benjamin says, holding his hand out, inviting me inside the castle. 

The foyer was gorgeous, tall white marble columns that, huge glass windows, two grand marble staircases that lead up to the second level, on the right of the staircase a huge entrance to what I'm assuming is a ballroom, I couldn't be sure because it was closed off. To the left an open area that had huge glass walls. And somehow, the inside of the castle was extremely bright, filled with orange fire-light. My jaw unhinged itself from the rest of my face. Just the foyer alone in this huge castle was the most expensive room I've ever been in. 

The ceiling was painted in gold and pink clouds, little angel babies laying on the clouds, golden halos painted around their heads. "Miss Valakia." Benjamin says, bringing me back to the present. 

"I apologize, just, it's beautiful." I tell him. "Do you know who the artist is?" I ask, pointing to the ceiling. 

"This castle has been in the royal family's possession for centuries, we suspect that King Richard had this painted nearly 300 years ago. The artist is unknown." A man that had brown greying hair  and wearing a black silk tuxedo had sauntered up behind Benjamin and stated, looking up at the ceiling also. "Do you paint My Lady?" He asks, smiling, making small talk. 

"I used to." I tell him, smiling at the memories. "I don't anymore, and I also could never reach that level of talent." I joke. The man smiles.

"Would you like painting supplies brought to your chamber?" The Advisor asks.

I stare at him for a second, unsure if he was being sarcastic or not. "Yes please." I state, but it sounded more like I had asked a question. "My Lady, we are here to serve you now, picture yourself as royalty now." The butler-y person states. 

"Well thats......great, and may I ask for your name?" 

"Garth, My Lady." 

"Thank you. Its very nice to meet you." I tell him. He smiles and bows deeply. 

"Oh, you don't need to do that." I say awkwardly.

"You are now a respected member of the crown, its a form of superiority."

"See, thats the thing, I'm not superior to you. Well, not unless I break the King's curse."

"Yes ma'am." Garth nods, this time not bowing. I smile at him, thanking him subconsciously.