032

Kenna Mikaelson smiled in relief as she stared at her family, she was relieved that she could have the chance to be a family with them again. She glanced at Luna and nodded with a smile on her face.

Luna returned the smile and was the first one to move, she walked straight into her husband's arms. Kol kissed her quickly, smiling, relieved that she was okay and that Erik had been defeated without causing any permanent harm to his wife.

It seemed like hours had passed as Kenna stared at her father who was staring back with tears in his eyes. She finally moved and ran straight into her father's arms. Finn caught his daughter in his arms, still in a state of disbelief that she was truly there and alive.

Kenna pulled back from her father slightly, she looked up at him both with teary eyes. Finn raised a hand to her cheek and rubbed it with his thumb as he held her face in his hand.

Kenna smiled, raising her own hand and covering his with hers as she let out a choked sob. Finn gently pulled his daughter back into his arms, her tears falling on his shoulder as she cried.

The rest of the Mikaelson's watched the two with smiles as the father and daughter reunited. They were nearly in tears themselves as they watched.

"I missed you, Papa," Kenna whispered in her father's shoulder.

"I missed you too," Finn whispered in reply as the two finally pulled apart again.

Kenna pulled away and looked at the rest of her family. The Mikealeson's were still staring at her in shock while Luna was smiling at her as she laid her head on her husband's chest. Grace and Aria were also wearing smiles as they looked at her.

"We should head inside," Grace said, breaking the silence.

Luna and Kol grabbed Erik's body, bringing it inside the house while the others all headed to the living room. The married couple disappeared to the basement with the body for a minute and came back up to join the rest of the family.

Kenna and Finn were sitting side by side on the couch, close together since they didn't want to be apart. Kol and Luna sat on one of the other couches, Luna curling into her husband as he wrapped an arm around her. The others were scattered around the living room waiting to hear how Kenna was alive.

"So, how exactly are you alive?" Kol said, looking at his niece curiously.

Kenna smiled, taking in the presence of her family again. "I'm not really sure on the specifics on how I'm alive, but to put it simply; Dahlia brought me back," she replied, noticing how she felt her father tense at her side when she mentioned Dahlia.

Confusion spread throughout the room since Finn was the only one who knew who Dahlia was. "Who?" Rebekah asked, clearly confused.

Kenna looked at her father with a knowing look. "Do you want to explain this?" she asked since he was the only one who could.

Finn nodded and thought for a second about what he was going to say. "Dahlia was Mother's sister," he said.

"Mother had a sister?" Elijah asked in confusion.

Finn nodded again, "she did," he said. "When Mother married Father, Dahlia was angry at her for leaving her behind. As it turned out, Mother could not have children so she went to Dahlia and asked her sister to perform a fertility spell."

The eldest brother paused, looking around at his siblings intrigued yet confused expressions. "The spell came with a price," he continued. "Dahlia demanded that Mother hand over the first born child of every generation as payment for the spell. Our sister, Freya, did not die. She was given to Dahlia as payment."

"So that's where you've been?" Klaus asked his niece after he had absorbed the information his brother had just told him. "With Dahlia?"

"Not exactly," Kenna said. "In order for Dahlia to stay young and alive she cast a spell that put us into a deep sleep. Once every hundred years we would wake for one year only before going back into our sleep."

"In 1477 Dahlia was experimenting with vampire blood," the young Mikaelson continued. "She wanted to see if it was possible to turn a witch without them losing their powers. And she found a way, hence why I'm here. I knew what she was planning so I cast a spell that made Dahlia believe that it hadn't worked and then I ran, I haven't seen her since."

Kenna spent the next few hours explaining where she had been and what she had been doing for the past thousand years before the whole family decided to get some rest, all wanting to sleep after the events of the day.

==========

The next morning the family awoke in a much happier mood, given that Erik was gone and Kenna was back.

"So I hate to ruin the mood this morning," Klaus said, standing before his family.

"But you're going to anyway," Grace commented, only glancing up at him briefly.

Klaus shot her a look before continuing, "what are we going to do about Mother?" he asked.

Luna shared a look with Kenna before speaking. "She's going to strike soon," she said. "She's creating an indestructible weapon and linking you all together. So if one of you dies then you all do in turn."

"How do you know this?" Kol asked his wife, amazed that she always seemed to know what was happening when others didn't.

Luna waved him off, "long story," she dismissed.

"As for what we're going to do about her; well I have someone who can help with that. She'll be here in three days," Kenna said. "She's... an old friend."

Later in the day Kenna and her father were the only ones still in the house since all the others went out hunting, leaving the two alone.

Kenna was sitting next to her father when she looked up at him with a small smile. "Are you okay?" she asked, taking note of his expression.

Finn looked down at his daughter, wiping the guilty look from his face and wrapping his arm around his daughter's shoulder and pulling her closer to him. He felt as though it was his fault that she ended up with Dahlia, he felt like he hadn't protected her like he always said he would.

"I've just missed you," he whispered.

Kenna smiled up at her father. "I missed you too," she replied, still smiling. "Over the centuries there were so many times that I wanted to return to the family but I couldn't give Dahlia a reason to come after you all."

She frowned as she remembered all those times where she would check in on her family but couldn't reveal herself to them. She hated it, she hated that she had to walk away from them each time.

"I love you, Papa," she said, shifting closer to her father.