prologue

Little Anika sat on the kitchen counter, humming along the radio as Radhika stirred the contents of the pan

Sniffing a bit on the air, Anika sighed with her eyes closed. "Hmm... Maa this smells delicious."

Radhika only shook her head at Anika's antics when it came to food.

As Radhika served it in a bowl, Anika started, “Mumma, when will I be able to see the colours?" She tugged at the loose end of Radhika's pallu.

“The moment you find someone worthy of you.” Radhika smiled at her.

“Mumma, will you teach me the colours when I can finally see them.” Anika smiled

“Yes I will beta.”

“Pinky Promise?” Anika forwarded her little finger.

“Pinky Promise.” Radhika held the whole of Anika's hand and kissed it.

“Mumma, will it be magical when I meet my soulmate?” Anika sighed as the gajar ka halwa melted in her mouth.

“I really wish it is, Ani.” Radhika smiled wistfully. Not like it had been for me.

Anika tried feeding baby Gauri some halwa but Gauri spat it out. Anika frowned as she realised her sister, Anika's sister did not like gajar ka halwa! It was no less than a crime.

Radhika chuckled as Anika tried making Gauri understand the heavenly taste of gajar ka halwa.

Little did she know, she won't be lucky enough to teach Anika colours. Little did she know, even though Anika had a story no less than magical in her destiny, the journey would be tough.

Shivaay, Om and Rudra surrounded Kalyani, their grandmother, who held baby Priyanka in her arms

Bhaiya, Prinku is turning 1 year old tomorrow. Let's keep a party and invite all my friends.” Four year old Rudra suggested excitedly.