Chapter Seven

Authors Note: I am SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO GET BACK TO THIS STORY! I honestly lost so much faith in writing for a while but I finally got my mojo back. Thank you all for your kind words and loving comments. Now let's get back to the story shall we, theres a Dyad in need of reuniting!
Also check out the photo for a concept of what Rey looks like in this story!
-
-
-
CHAPTER SEVEN

The Falcon lands with an exasperated huff onto the mossy surface of Dagobah, and the intense pull of the Force sends Finn and Rey's skin into a bitter cold chill.

"Do you sense that?" Finn asks, he presses a button on the center console and the hatch opens. "I do." Rey responds. "Something has happened here. Something that the force did not approve of. I feel something calling to me."

"Like that cave on Ach-Too? Or is this like one of your connections with Kylo Ren?" Poe asks, following the two down the ramp.

"Ben, and no, this is something else. Scan the area for any signs of life, I'm going to see what the force wants."

The sound of her boots trodding through the thick mud are but one of a few sounds echoing in the swamp that is Dagobah. But there was a tugging on her sleeve almost, a hand on her back pushing her onward until she reached a small hut. 'Probably one of the native creatures.' She thought to herself.

Yet something pushes her away from it's door, and throws her towards a cave not too far away.  "Alright!" she says aloud. "I'm going in! Ben if that's you doing this you better have a good reason for lifting me off the ground and sending me flying."

Rey however, was wrong, the force was at work here.

The hanging vines open themselves to her, and wrap around her wrists, pulling her in, she calls out for Finn and Poe, but is pulled into the abyss before a single sound could escape her throat.
She finds herself standing in front of the same mirror-esque wall she saw in the cave on Ach-To. However in her reflection, she saw herself on Jakku, with her three buns atop her head, her scavengers clothes. The young woman in front of her reaches out, tears streaming down her eyes like the waterfalls of Naboo.
"Please, save me from this place. I beg of you." the past asks Rey.

"Save you from what?" Rey asks, and the reflection grabs her by the shoulders and pulls her into the vision.

Rey quickly jumps to her feet, igniting  her golden bladed lightsaber. "This is some trick. Are you my clone?"

The past Rey sweeps her feet out from underneath of her, causing her to fall onto her back, her eyes open to reveal three versions of herself staring down at her.

Rey from Jakku

Rey, the supposed Last Jedi in training on Ach-To

And Rey, the revealed dyad, blood, dirt, and sweat upon her brow.

"What is going on?! Where are we?" she asks the beings in front of her.

"We are your past Rey." They respond in perfect unison. "We are what you once were, your mistakes, the choices you have made, the responsibilities long forgotten." The dyad Rey says.

"We are your guilt, your anger, your pain, we are what you continue to carry on." The scavenger from Jakku stands next to Rey, a hand gently resting on her arm.

"We are your source of strength, your courage, we are what you have and will grow beyond." The last Jedi stands by Rey's side, eyes fierce and determined.

"You are our present, you are the combination of the three of us," the Dyad says, " and we are here to show you what you will become."

Rey, now surrounded by visions of her past, holds her ignited saber out, pointing at the Dyad. "You are nothing but visions sent to distract me, like the one on the Death Star ruins."

"Oh? Are you referring to me?" A cold voice rings from behind her, she turns around and is faced with Dark Rey, her double bladed saber ignited at her side.

"Hello old friend. It's been some time."

Rey quickly stands to her feet, ushering her past selves behind her. "You're just a vision."

Dark Rey laughs, her voice sounding as if she's haunted. "I'm much more than that. I am your very soul. What you were destined to be. Darth Rey. The embodiment of what your grandfather never could be, and what that love sick puppy dog could never achieve. I am every stone that's tripped you, every wound on your body. I'm your destruction, your chaos, your downfall."

Rey lunges at her, she didn't need her lightsaber for what she was about to do. Her hands grip at the demon before her as she pulls them both to the ground, her hands in a fist, she punches her straight in the nose, rapidly, as much as she can until she's breathless. Looking down at the bloody image below her. "YOU'RE THE REASON I COULDN'T SAVE BEN. IT WAS YOU!"

The dark creature spits in Rey's face, blood scattering against her cheeks. "I was barely a part of that. Have you ever wondered why you can feed life into others? HUH? HAVE YOU?" She evaporates into thin air only to reappear right behind her, pushing her into a vision.

A woman, lays on a table, breathless, panting, clothed in white. A man with robes stands next to her. "Who is she? Why are you showing me this?" Rey asks.

"Shut up and watch." She grips Rey's shoulders and faces her towards the right. An image of a man, beaten and burnt lays on a table similar to the woman, only mechanical arms are seen surrounding him, operating.

"Two lives, connected by a red string of fate. One, inches from creating life, the other inches from his own destruction. Now look closely."

From the shadows, her grandfather emerges. The red string is tied between the woman and the man. "What is he doing?" Rey asks. Only to have her question answered.

After the woman delivers her child, Palpatine cuts the thread, and her body falls into death's arms. The man on the table however begins to glow a bright red flame, as the woman's last breath feeds his light, restoring him.

"Your grandfather took the life of a mother to give to his disciple, Darth Vader. The transfer of life from one being to another, only he and his lineage have that power. Do you really think he would let a Skywalker give life to his offspring without consequence?

The vision fades into Ben holding Rey on Exogol, her lifeless body in his arms. Palpatine standing behind him with an evil grin on his face. "Your grandfather made sure a Skywalker would never triumph over him again. As he tried to give a bit of his life force into you, Palpatine made sure it was everything he had."

Tears begin to fall from Rey's eyes, as the realization strikes her. "He won, in the end, he did what he always set out to do. Destroy the Skywalker bloodline, and leave himself the victor."

"Nothing is that black and white Rey, you of all people should know." Dark Rey gently grabs Rey's hand, and looks into her eyes.

"Don't let him win, I beg of you. If you truly are nothing like your Grandfather, nothing like me, undo his final act of evil and save him. It's the only way to avoid becoming what you were not meant to be."

With that, the vision fades, and Rey stands in the swamps of Dagobah, her face ghostly white, hands shaking.

"Rey! Where are you?!" Finn calls. "Rey! This place is creeping me out! Let's go! We found something!"