Chapter Twenty-Six: Master Plan

Jackson died that night. And Stiles? He disappeared, nobody knew where he was.

Isaac, Scott and I were talking with Mr Stilinski as the chaos continued. 'I gotta meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson,' he sighed, 'I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means... well, I don't know what that means. Look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any of you see him...'

'We'll call you,' Isaac nodded, squeezing my hand.

Scott tried to reassure him, 'Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him.'

Mr Stilinski nodded, 'Yeah. I'll see you, okay?'

Coach Finstock made his way up to us, 'McCall, we need you on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up.'

'Yeach. I know, Coach.'

'Alright,' he looked down and sighed. 'I mean, I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys. Well, I kinda hate Greenberg, but, you know... that's different. It's Greenberg. I'm just saying we... I need you on the team. Get your grades back up.'

'I will,' Scott promised.

'I know,' Coach murmured before walking away.

We waited for a couple of minutes. 'Is that everyone?' Scott asked.

'I think so,' Isaac sighed. Scott tore off the door to Stile's locker.

'You're gonna find him by scent?' I asked as he took out a shirt, handing Isaac and I other items of clothing.

Isaac frowned, 'But how come you get his shirt and I get a shoe?'

'I refuse to smell his pants,' I grumbled.

We turned around to see Derek standing there. 'We need to talk,' he said.

Peter stepped out of the shadows, 'All of us.'

My eyes widened, 'Holy shit.'

'What the hell is this?' Scott huffed, doing his best to stay calm.

Derek huffed, 'You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station.'

'Okay, hold on. He threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?'

Peter nodded, 'I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous.'

'Shut up!' Derek, Isaac, Scott and I shouted simultaneously.

Isaac leaned over to Scott, 'Who's he?'

'He's Peter, Derek's uncle.'

Isaac then turned to me, 'He's your uncle's uncle? What does that make him for you?'

'My great-uncle, I guess,' I shrugged, still glaring at him.

Peter sighed in annoyance, 'Don't call me that, it makes me sound old and-'

Scott cut him off, 'A little while ago, he tried to kill us all so we set him on fire and Derek slashed his throat.'

'Hi,' Peter waved at Isaac.

'That's good to know,' he muttered.

'How is he alive?' I asked Derek.

'Look, the short version is, he knows how to stop Jackson. And maybe how to save him.'

Isaac rolled his eyes, 'Well, that's very helpful. Except Jackson's dead.'
'What?'

'Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field,' Scott said. Derek frowned, turning to Peter who quickly looked down.