Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Overlooked

I entered the loft nad immediately ran over to Stiles, hugging him tightly. 'Why the hell didn't you tell me about your dad? I had to hear it from Derek. Are you okay?' I gasped.

'Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay. But we know who the Darach is, okay?'

I frowned, 'Who?'

'Ms Blake.'

I paused when I heard Scott's answer, 'But-'

'Shut up!' Derek hissed, 'She's coming, hide!'

We ducked into the shadows as we watched her pull open the door, 'Derek! Derek, where are you?' she called.

'I'm right here.'

'Oh, thank God,' she threw her arms around him, 'Something happened at the recital. At the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before any of it from them.'

He frowned, 'From who?'

'Scott, Stiles, Ariana. They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me,' she rambled. I clenched my fists. How had I not seen it?

'What is it?'

She continued to beg, 'Promise you'll listen to me.'

He nodded, 'I promise.'

She kissed him, making me wrinkle my nose in disgust. Her gaze darkened as she pulled away. 'They're already here, aren't they?" she asked angrily. Derek looked over to us as we emerged from the shadows. 'So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?'

'You're the one killing people,' Scott snapped. I squeezed Stiles' hand when I saw his eyes glaze over.

She scoffed, 'Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do that in my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense.'

'Where's my dad?' Stiles asked shakily, a tear rolling down his cheek.

'How should I know?' she turned to my uncle, 'Derek, tell me you don't believe this.'

He glanced at us, his gaze softening a little when I made eye contact with him. 'Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?' he asked firmly.

'No.'

'Ask her why she almost killed Lydia,' I snapped.

She looked at me in surprise, 'Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that!'

'What do you know?' Derek demanded.

'I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story. And one they can't prove, by the way.'

Scott smirked, holding up a small jar filled with a light brown powder, 'What if we can?'

Her eyes quickly filled with fear, 'What is that?'

'My boss told me it's a poison and a cure, which means you can use it... and it can be used against you,' he explained calmly, removing the lid.

'Mistletoe?' she snarled. Scott threw the powder at her.

She desperately tried to shield herself but it built up in a cloud around him. She screeched as she suddenly transformed. Her skin became pale and covered in gashes and her eyes went almost white.

We all jumped back a little, watching as she went back to her previous form, the form of Ms Blake. Derek grabbed her by the neck as she tried to escape, drawing his claws. 'Derek, wait, wait!' she pleaded, 'You need me.'