Beat Fire with Fire

It was time for Deku’s fight against Todoroki. The talk they had kept repeating in Deku’s head. As he was walking, Endeavor showed up behind a corner. Endeavor complimented Deku’s quirk, saying that in all his years of hero work, he hasn’t seen someone with the ability to transform into multiple creatures the way he does. 

(If Deku used Heatblast in the obstacle course) The Flame Hero stated that the way Deku used his fire transformation showed potential, and that he hopes his son could learn a thing or two from the way he used it.

Nervous, Deku thanks Endeavor and tries to get out of the situation, but he is stopped by Endeavor saying that his son will beat him and surpass All Might. Endeavor then apologizes for bothering zuku before his match, but before he walks away Deku says, “Todoroki isn’t you.” The two then part ways.

Deku and Todoroki walk onto the battlefield, as Present Mic introduces them. “START!!!” Present Mic screams, as Todoroki sends a trail of ice towards Deku. Almost immediately, Deku was covered with Todoroki’s ice, and the crowd cheered. “IS IZUKU MIDORIYA ELIMINATED ALREADY!?” Present Mic screams. A couple seconds passed with no movement, until the ice that surrounded Deku started glowing deep orange. Suddenly, the ice exploded, revealing Deku as his fire alien, Heatblast. 

“You...have a fire transformation too?” Todoroki says shakily. “Heh, yeah. I thought this would be the perfect counter against you, Todoroki.” Deku replied confidently. 

(If Heatblast was used earlier) “I expected you to use that transformation again” Todoroki replies with a small grin. “I know that you must run out of firepower eventually. Just like my father.” Deku replied , “Let’s see about that, Todoroki.”

The crowd cheers as the two boys prepare to make the next move. Todoroki yet again sends a barrage of ice towards Heatblast Deku, but he shoots a blast of fire, destroying the ice before it reaches him. Making an advancement, Deku fire-surfs towards Todoroki, preparing to shoot a fireball at him. Todoroki counters by making an icewall, separating the two. Deku easily burns through the ice and goes to shoot fire at Todoroki, but he slides away on ice, dodging. 

Todoroki continues sending huge fleets of ice towards Deku, but he keeps melting it each time it is sent his way. The two chase each other around the stage, shooting both ice and fire at each other trying to land a hit. Deku can see that the amount of ice Todoroki is producing is slowing down. Using this to his advantage, Deku fire-surfs to the opposite side of the stage from his opponent, and charges up a huge fire blast. Todoroki senses this, and prepares to block it with the rest of the ice he can humanly produce. 

While they’re charging up for their attack, Deku yells, “I WANT TO BECOME THE NUMBER 1 HERO TOO. YOU WANT TO BECOME IT TOO WITHOUT GIVING IT YOUR ALL JUST TO REJECT YOUR FATHER? YOU NEED TO STOP MESSING AROUND. IT’S YOUR POWER ISN’T IT!?” 

Deku sends a blast of fire heading towards Todoroki, and Todoroki musters up as much energy as he can to send the most ice he’s ever made to protect himself, and a huge blast of ice explodes towards Deku. The two elements rush at each other, and the opposing temperatures colliding causes a huge explosion, as the cooled air suddenly expands with all the heat, with both burning heat and freezing winds blowing inconsistently through the stadium. 

As all the smoke dies down, a blast of fire emerges, not from Heatblast Deku, but from Todoroki. “I WANT TO BE A HERO TOO” Todoroki yells back to Deku, as his flames melt the ice that had frozen his right side. “Don’t blame me for what happens next,” Todoroki says smiling. “COME AT ME WITH ALL YOU GOT” he yells, while sliding on his ice towards Heatblast Deku, with his left side being covered in flames. Deku smiles and fire-surfs towards Todoroki as fast as he can, charging up a fire punch to counter his opponents flames. 

Todoroki sends both a blast of fire and ice towards Heatblast Deku, but the flames don’t affect Deku’s charcoal body. Deku’s omnitrix starts beeping, signaling his timeout, and as his time is almost up, he smiles, and says “Thank you for such a great battle Todoroki,” as he lands a fire punch on Shot, right in the center of his gut, sending him flying out of the stadium. Deku is covered in a flash of red, and as the light and smoke dies down, the crowd sees Todoroki with his back against the stadium wall, and Deku in his human form, holding the arm with his omnitrix up in the air. The crowd go wild as Midnight says “SHOTO TODOROKI IS OUT OF BOUNDS, IZUKU MIDORIYA ADVANCES TO THE NEXT ROUND”