"We're alive."

A/N: Hooray, Jessica isn't dead, who would've guessed? My excuse for this madness is gonna be uhhhhhhh different timeline that Chara managed to get in Game Over Pt. 1. Guess what we have? We have timeline3.file here for the reading!

Cover art by @ weebybeshrimp121 on Instagram!

A loud crash from the building beside them made both Jessica and Gaster gasp. Rubble started to fall down, seemingly targeting the two as they stood there helpless.

Gaster put his hands up almost instinctively. The others he had followed, glowing green to form a bubble around both of them. The rubble fell heavier. Jessica went wide-eyed at the sound of one of the hands cracking.

Gaster strained to hold the shield up as the building continued to fall. All six of his other hands began to crack in the same way. The shield's green glow wavered with unconfidence.

Jessica looked up to where Gaster was, and saw a giant piece of the building about to topple straight onto him.

The shield shattered into pieces along with Gaster's hands. He yelled out in pain and nearly fell to the ground, but a sharp pain at his side finally finished him off.

-----------------------------

Jessica's eyes slowly fluttered open to see light barely shining through the cracks of the fragmented skyscraper. Right beside her was Gaster, who would've been squished flat by a rock if she hadn't tackled him.

Slowly adjusting to the place, she propped herself up to sit down. Her helmet was broken and the visor was nearly shattered, so she carefully slid it off her head.

Before she could stand, Gaster coughed a hefty amount of blood, opening his eyes to see Jessica unharmed and well. She laughed with relief as he shakily got up.

"I-I thought you were dead!" Jessica said, her voice breathy. "I feel like I am. What.." Gaster looked around with confusion. "..What happened?"

Jessica looked to the ground with her relieved expression slightly faded. "You made a shield to protect us, but it broke." Gaster sighed and closed his eyes, putting a hand to his forehead. "I shouldn't have been so reckless. Now look at us; We're both near dead and stuck in a hole."

Jessica's eyes traced the walls of their prison. "At least we didn't get hit by a rock. In fact, this is one of the only places with no rocks." She smiled faintly. "I even brought a teleporter, and we've survived to be able to use it."

She pulled it out of her pocket, showing Gaster. The hope in his eyes that had been there for a split second disappeared just as fast. "That's a teleporter... For one person." Jessica's smile disappeared as she set it to the side.

"Use it, Jessica." Tears stung and flooded her eyes. She sobbed, curling herself up in a ball. "USE IT, GODDAMMIT!" Gaster yelled at her, lunging for the teleporter and grabbing her wrist, pulling her towards him with the teleporter in his other hand.

"NO!" Jessica screamed, pulling away from his grasp. "I WON'T! I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU HERE!" Jessica balled up again, sobbing and shaking. Gaster looked at her with empty, enraged eyes. He propped himself up to stand above her.

"You have two options here, Jessica." Jessica looked up at Gaster, listening. "You either sit here bawling while both of us get crushed to death, or use the teleporter to get out of here. Those are the only two options, no more, no less."

"IF YOU CARE ABOUT IT SO MUCH, WHY NOT JUST GET OUT OF HERE YOURSELF?!" Jessica swiped the teleporter from Gaster's hands, standing up and throwing it to the ground angrily. "GO ON! GET AWAY FROM ME!"

The walls around them started to shake and crumble again. Gaster pulled Jessica to the side where a piece of metal sheltered a small area. They watched small rocks tumble to where they were sitting, and after a second, the rumbling stopped.

Gaster still gripped Jessica's arm. "I-I won't. I don't want to." Gaster's grip tightened. Jessica looked at his hand and into his eyes. He walked over to the teleporter pulling Jessica along. "Stop! I don't want to!"

Gaster picked the teleporter up, activating it. "STOP! STOP IT! LET GO OF ME!" Jessica screamed as she desperately tried to pull her arm from Gaster's grasp. "LET GO! PLEASE, JUST LET ME GO!" Jessica sunk to the ground sobbing once again, her arm still held up by Gaster.

"S-STOP! Stop it! Please... I..." Jessica sobbed, covering her face with her other hand. "I just want to make up for what I've done..."

"I just want to do one right thing, Gaster. Please, let this be my right thing." Jessica begged, trembling with sorrow. Gaster stopped, still holding the activated teleporter.

He swiftly turned her wrist to make her palm face up and slammed the teleporter into her hand. "I'm sorry." He said, his voice low. He let go of her as she faded into blue flames, safely transported away from the place they nearly died.