The Dreemurr Debate

"This debate will focus on the topic of Asgore Dremurr's arrest. A vote will be taken by the public afterwards, concluded two hours after." A man stood at a table next to the door of the stage.

"You will be filmed. Do you need the names of the channels you appear on?" Both Jessica and Rave shook their heads. "One question. May Mister Lawrens and I debate on the podium together?"

The man nodded and talked again. "You may, under the circumstance that Miss Grey bring one of her team members up on the podium as well. She has all rights to refuse." Rave raised his eyebrows and looked to Jessica in expectance.

"Sure. Gaster will be with me." The man nodded and wrote something on his clipboard. "Get him in, and we'll..." He trailed off and listened to an earpiece, quickly shutting it off after. "We're on in five. Get them and I'll explain the basics."

Jessica and Rave both went down the hall and out the door. Rave smiled and spoke with malice. "You're not gonna win. You know that, right?" Jessica ignored him. "You're nothing. You don't know what the hell you're doing at this point, Jessica. What you are is crazy."

They turned into another hallway and Jessica walked quicker. Rave matched her pace and continued with a larger smile on the brink of looking insane. "Let me ask you a question. Why do you mask your past? Is it because you're scared of it? Are you scared of me?"

Jessica continued to ignore him. He scowled and gripped her arm, pulling her back harshly. She let out a yelp as he held her tight. "Answer me. If you're scared, I'll give you a reason to show i-"

Jessica shoved him back and summoned her sword, holding it between them. "What the hell is your problem?! I don't understand, Rave!" She felt tears press at her eyes, but she held them back.

"Don't understand what, Jessica? The fact that you hurt me? The fact that you're selfish?" Rave laughed out loud, cutting himself off with a yell. "THE FACT THAT I HATE YOU?! HUH?!"

Jessica stepped back at that. Rave breathed heavily as Gaster and Damian came through a door behind them, Jessica quickly making her sword disappear. Gaster stopped for a moment and took a look at both of them before growling and walking over to Rave.

Jessica held her arm out in front of him, stopping him from walking over. "Don't. I'll explain later, okay?" Gaster looked to her with concern before shooting Rave a glare and moving to let Damian walk over to him.

They walked towards the man again, who hurriedly spoke. "Care to explain what the dilemma is?" He scribbled into his clipboard as Jessica answered.

"Personal matters, not related to the debate." "Prohibited. Keep them personal." Jessica nodded as Rave didn't react. The man continued. "That's one of the basic rules. Second, no yelling or interrupting. Third, initiating physical contact will get you arrested."

Damian looked normal and happy with the rules, while the other three glanced at each other with looks of blame. The man opened the door to the stage and glanced back at the crowd.

"Judging by your audience, rule number one is going to be looking flashy." The man held the door open with a chuckle, letting all of them walk out. "Good luck, guys."

Rave walked behind Jessica, whispering "You'll need it." and straightening his tie. Gaster turned to face him but Jessica shook her head. "Ignore both of them."

They walked up to the stage, where two podiums stood tall above the crowd. Jessica took a deep breath as she stood behind one, not daring to look at the hundreds of people before her. "Hey. You've got this, okay?"

She nodded and smiled as Gaster put his hand on her shoulder. "You just have to disprove their lies. They're baseless."

The man they'd seen in the hall walked out another stage door and to a table in front of the stage. "Alright, alright, take your seats, everyone. A lot of people have been waiting for a proper introduction of both sides, so once we get that over with, we'll get to the questions."