Through the Woods

A/N- Since I didn't get a chance to post last week, I'm celebrating it being Friday today by posting two chapters! I hope you enjoy them.

Dahlia still hadn't figured out exactly where the werewolf village was located in relation to her Grandmother's house. She was quite certain that she would not have found it on her own, especially not in the state she had been on the previous day when she had set out in a feverish haze to find her grandmother. Thankfully though, time passed quickly walking beside Silas, as he pointed out various parts of the forest to her, from plants and trees to members of his pack that they were passing close by that she would have entirely missed if he hadn't spoken to them and quickly introduced her before explaining that they had someplace they needed to be very soon and hurrying her down the path as if they were late for a scheduled meeting.

"My grandmother doesn't know we're coming, does she?" Dahlia asked after they had passed the third pack member that morning before hurrying on their way.

Silas shook his head in response, before clearing his throat and saying no. "No, no. I just don't want us to take too long when we don't know when you'll go into heat again. And I'd really rather it not happen while we're sitting down to tea with Old Widow Lemp."

"I think you might want to work on calling her something else if you want her to warm up to you. Honestly she doesn't even look old." Dahlia shook her head.

"She's older than me. And I'm-" his voice trailed off and he mumbled something under his breath that Dahlia couldn't make out.

"You're what?" She danced ahead of him and turned so that she was walking backwards facing him, trying to get a look at his face. Meanwhile his eyes stared off into the forest, looking anywhere but at his insanely appealing little minx of a mate.

"I'm ready to sit down and have a talk with your grandmother." He said the words gruffly and she was entirely certain that that hadn't been what he had almost said a few moments earlier.

"Silas, you're full of it. That's not what you were about to say. So. How old are you?" Her voice was teasing and she heard a rumble of warning come from his chest in the form of a growl.

"Oh please Silas, give it up. You know your growls don't scare me. I'm your mate. I know you're just a big teddy bear." Surprising him she stopped walking suddenly and opened her arms so that when he stepped forward he walked right into her and she wrapped her arms around his waist, snuggling her face into his chest and talking a deep breath.

"I'm not a teddy bear. I'm an Alpha." He sounded extremely grumpy as he spoke and she had to press her face against his shirt to keep from laughing out loud.

"Of course you are sweetie. Of course you are. A big strong. Tough. Alpha." Standing on her tiptoes she managed to brush her lips against that same spot on his neck, the place that she would never be able to mark because she was mostly human, at least in all the ways that mattered, and she felt his whole body stiffen beneath the light touch.

This time he was surprised.

The first time she'd kissed the spot he'd thought it had been an accident, a coincidence really, but now it almost felt as if she'd been drawn to the spot, like a moth to a flame, which was quite unexpected.

"Careful Kitten." he whispered the words as his hands tangled in her long chocolate colored waves. "When you kiss me on that spot it makes me want to bend you over and fuck here and now, no matter who we're around, wherever we are."

Her lips were still on the spot and she let them linger for a moment longer before she pulled away, staring up at him breathlessly, before her hand brushed lightly against the bulge in the front of his breeches.