Sonia and Manic's Fate

"What on Mobius were you thinking, Jules?!" Queen Aleena berated her mate. "Attacking our own son?!"
Jules' ears were pressed flat against his head as he listened guiltily to his mate's angry lecture. His tail was drooping and he wouldn't meet her eyes. He lazily ran his fingers along his metallic right arm, which, along with his partially-blind left eye, was a constant reminder of his failed roboticization.
"How did you not notice how similar he looks to you?!" Aleena growled.
"I thought it was just a coincidence. And, in case you've forgotten, I'm half blind in one eye!" Jules yelled the last part. The former commoner continued to argue with his mate for the next hour, the born royal occasionally cursing him out.

(10 o'clock in the morning)
The citizens were conversing among themselves. A shadow covered them and they turned to look at the Egg Carrier flying above the city. The citizens began to panic as Eggman made his announcement.
"Princess Sonia and Prince Manic, future rulers of Mobotropolis... By refusing to negotiate with me, you two have forced me to take drastic actions," Eggman announced. Amy was in the crowd listening to this. Getting nervous, she turned around and ran away. "Meet me at the specified point, alone, at noon today. Failure to do so on time, will result in my leveling of this city so that nothing but ashes remain!"
Sonia and Manic stood outside on the balcony of their castle as they listened to this with Cyrus and Trevor.
"Sonia...!" Trevor said.
"Manic...!" Cyrus said at the same time. Sonia and Manic exchanged a look.
"We cannot allow harm to come to our people," Sonia replied. She and Manic turned around and started to walk away.
"Sonia...!" Trevor protested.
"Manic...!" Cyrus protested at the same time.
"It is our duty as Prince and Princess of Mobotropolis to go... There is no other choice," Manic stated simply. He and Sonia left to rendezvous with Dr. Eggman for the sake of their people.
Meanwhile, Cyrus and Trevor looked around the city, trying to find Sonic to go rescue them. "Hey, isn't that Tails?" Trevor asked, spotting the twin-tailed cub.
Cyrus looked in the direction Trevor was, also seeing Tails. "You're right. Maybe he can find Sonic and tell him about Manic and Sonia." They caught up with Tails and told him about Manic and Sonia, asking him to find Sonic to save them.
Tails quickly found Sonic and told him the situation. Before Sonic could leave, Tails called his name. "Sonic? There's something I've been thinking about..."
"What is it?" Sonic asked, curious.
"How do you and Knuckles... and the Prince and Princess... know each other?" Tails asked.
Sonic instantly got nervous and started blushing a little. "Huh?! Uh... well..."
Tails put his hands up reassuringly. "Hey, if you'd rather not talk about it, that's okay."
Sonic relaxed and gave his adoptive little brother a smile. "Thanks." He then took off to rescue his biological siblings, knowing that they'd crash and die if he didn't make it in time.

Shadow was walking through a field, confused and annoyed with himself. "What the heck is going on with me?" he asked aloud. He angrily cursed himself out. "I swore that I'd never let myself get attached to anyone ever again, and I'm getting attached to the Faker! I'll just end up losing him eventually, just like I lost Maria and Professor Gerald Robotnik!"
'Although... Sonic is different... There's something about his Chaos Energy that's just like mine... And there's something else about him that seems familiar for some reason... Plus, he hasn't really physically aged in, like, 3 years... I wonder...' he thought.
Shadow shook his head to clear it. "No, that's not possible. Sonic's parents were born after I was created and sealed away. There's no way. Unless..." Shadow shook his head again while holding it with one hand. He let out a frustrated growl. "Curse me! And my amnesia!"
'I need the Professor's journal, but Eggman has it! He is the rightful successor to it, given how it belonged to his grandfather... If that weren't the case, I'd just take it from him. Of course, I don't know where he keeps it anyway... For all I know, it might still be on the ARK...' he thought to himself.
He growled again as he rubbed his temples, getting a headache from thinking so hard, especially about something so complicated. Shadow had a higher IQ than an average person, but not genius level like Tails and Dr. Eggman.
Shadow sighed. "This isn't gonna be easy to figure out..." He heard some commotion nearby and, his curiosity getting the best of him, went to investigate.

Sonia and Manic were trapped on the Egg Carrier and were sitting on chairs as Eggman berated them. Every time he tried to look them in the eye, they looked away.
"You two have wasted so much of my time. If you had cooperated with me earlier, I wouldn't have to do this," Eggman said.
"What are you trying to do, Dr. Eggman?" Manic growled.
"Why do you wish to revive the Flames of Disaster?" Sonia asked, a hint of a growl in her voice.
"Did your parents ever disclose to you anything about Solaris? Solaris' secrets are in his eternal flames. His power... can change time, and even manipulate the fabric of time itself. I wish to obtain this power and dominate everything in this world. From the past all the way to the future!" Eggman monologued.
"You wish... to rule over... Time?" Sonia asked in shock.
"Yes. Truly. And the secret... remains dormant in you, Princess," Eggman explained. Eggman proceeded to his ship's interface and began inputting commands. "The Prince and Princess of Mobotropolis and the seven Chaos Emeralds... Once I have everything, the fate of the world will change. And one of the beautiful gems is just ahead."
"Chaos Emerald located."
"Finally!" Eggman exclaimed. "Now, let's go collect that Chaos Emerald."

Sonic was running through a plain, on his way to rescue his siblings, when his path was suddenly intercepted by several Egg Gunners. He came to a stop while the robots approached him and prepare to attack when several blasts of yellow Chaos Energy struck most of them, instantly destroying them, immediately followed by shots from a submachine gun, destroying the rest.
Shadow landed in front of Sonic, holding his MP5-K in his left hand. Putting the SMG away, he turned to his new best friend. "You look like you're in a hurry. Want some help?" he offered.
Sonic smiled and gave a grateful nod. "Yes. That'd be nice. Come on, we gotta hurry!" He took off, Shadow skating alongside him.
"So, what exactly is going on?" Shadow asked as they raced towards their destination.
"Sonia and Manic went to confront Eggman, alone," Sonic explained. "If we don't get there in time, they'll die onboard Eggman's battleship, just like in my vision."
Shadow let out an aggravated sigh. "I knew your brother would be trouble," he growled under his breath. Sonic annoyedly cuffed him over the head, not appreciating the jab at his little brother.

Inside the Egg Carrier, an alarm was going off.
"Huh? The engines are malfunctioning," Eggman said, frantically typing on the keys at his interface while Sonia and Manic watch. Manic was trembling and sweating profusely in terror as he clung to his sister. "What's this? Stop all engines now!" After there was no response, Eggman pounded on his interface in frustration and horror.
"...Why is this happening? No! We're about to crash!" Eggman yelled in horror. Sonia's ears flattened against her head in fear.

The Egg Carrier burst into flames and slowly crashed into a mountain in a massive explosion. Sonic, followed closely by Shadow, arrived the moment it happened
"Sonia! Manic!" Sonic screamed in horror. He was too late. His siblings and his nemesis were dead. Overwhelmed, he felt his legs get shaky. Unable to bear his own weight, he collapsed onto his knees. He pounded his fist against the ground in anger and grief, resting his forehead on the ground. Shadow silently mourned behind him. Shadow then realized something and looked at Sonic.
"Wait, there's still a way to change this," Shadow said softly. Sonic turned his head to look at him. "If we return to an earlier point in time, we'll be able to save them."
Sonic got to his feet and turned to face his friend. "I understand." He took out his blue Chaos Emerald while Shadow took out his red Chaos Emerald. They then approached each other.
"Chaos Control!" they yelled at the same time. The two Emeralds glowed, forming a white, swirling light in the air which formed a blue, swirling portal suspended in mid-air. Giving each other a nod, they leapt through the portal, which took them to 30 minutes before Eggman made his announcement.