Prologue

2005
Alarms.
That's what Bonnibelle Taylor awoke to.
Where am I? What's going on?
Tons of people were screaming and running, and she looked around for a familiar face in the chaos.
Thats when she realized something was wrong. Not with where she was, but with who she was.
She looked to her side to see a man unconscious roughly 20 feet from her. She felt tears leaking down her cheeks as she looked around frantically for some sort of explanation. Before she could fathom what was going on, she fell unconscious again.
-
She awoke once again, this time laying on a hard, cold surface. She looked around, and noticed many eyes on her.
"W-where am I?" She didn't even recognize the sound of her own voice.
"Can you tell us your name?" A woman in a lab coat said to her, not answering her question.
"I-" She stopped herself to think. "I don't know."
The woman scribbled something down on a clipboard.
"Do you remember anything?" The woman asked her. She thought for a moment.
"Loud noises. Screaming. And a adult" She said in her limited language. "He looked hurt." The woman scribbled more down. A man came over, with only one eye, and Bonnie immediately felt scared.
"Your name is Bonnibelle, but you went by Bonnie." The man started "You were caught in a large explosion. We think something interesting might have happened to you. We need to keep you here to find out whats going on with you."
The small girl nodded, not knowing what the next five years would entail for her.
-
2010
Bonnie awoke to the slam of a door, but not her own. She looked over at the other containment unit that was next to her, and instantly recognized the face of the man from the first day she remembers. He locked eyes with her, and she just stared back at him with confusion.
"You've got the kid here? Why?" The man yelled at the people on the outside.
Bonnie stayed silent as he conversed with the scientists she had come to know by name. After they finished, the man looked upset, but finally stopped asking questions.
"Bonnie, vitals time." She heard on the intercom in her unit. She stepped over, letting the machine take her blood, heartbeat, blood pressure, and weight. The man watched her the entire time, internally shocked at her blind obedience. "Good, nothing else to do today." She nodded, and headed back over to her bed, before she began reading the book she was reading before she had fallen asleep. It was one of the few things she was allowed, along with classical music and painting. She had fallen into the routine of occupying herself for the past five years, not knowing any other life but this. The man just watched her, confused at her level of calm about her situation. He had no idea she had been here all this time.
-
Bonnie awoke once again to loud sirens blaring. She looked around in confusion, before the door to her unit opened to reveal Director Fury.
"What's going on?" She asked nervously, shaking from fear.
"Banner has escaped, Bonnie you need to listen to me. Get out." He moved closer to her, and she stood up.
"What do you mean? Where would I go?" She questions.
"Wherever Banner goes, he can help you. Just trust me Bonnie. You need to get out of here." He insists. She stays still in shock for a moment, before nodding. She followed Fury out of the unit, before letting the beast take over her. She didn't know where she was going or what she was doing, all she knew was she had to find the man.
-
Bonnie woke up in the nude, next to the man, who was also naked. She looked around her, and caught sight of a destroyed tent. She walked over and grabbed it, wrapping the fabric around her body. The man came to, looking up and seeing her wrapped in the destroyed tent.
"Bonnie? Thank God Fury got you out of there. Are you okay?" He rambled off, and she just nodded.
"I'm okay, can we get some clothes?" She asks softly. He nods.
"Y-yeah, lets find a town. I'm Bruce by the way. Bruce Banner."