Chapter 2

Bonnie was in the lab, learning about all the different equipment with glee.
"This stuff is amazing, dad! I hate SHEILD, but I wouldn't mind having this equipment available all the time." She rambles to Bruce, and he laughs.
"I miss it every day Bon, I wish we could take it with us." He assures. There seems to be a commotion in the hallway, and Bonnie and Bruce turn to look out of the glass walls of the lab. A man with long, jet black hair dressed in all green walks by in handcuffs. He looks at Bruce, giving him a sickening smile, before his eyes dart to Bonnie. She returns his stare, looking confused but not necessarily frightened, which in turn confuses the man as well.
"Dad, who is that?" She asks softly.
"I'm assuming that's Loki." He tells her simply, and her eyes dart to him.
"Like the Norse god?" She questions, and he nods.
"His brother Thor apparently showed up a little while ago and confirmed the myths were true." He elaborates, and she nods.
"That's interesting."
"That's one way to put it, Bon." He looks down at a screen. "They want us in the briefing room." She nods and follows him out.
-
Bonnie and Bruce watched the screen intently as Loki spoke to Director Fury about the two of them, making Bonnie squirm uncomfortably. The group discussed the situation, but Bonnie was too focused on the fact that the man wanted her and her adoptive father for his plan.
"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Tony Stark, who Bonnie just realized was there, rattled off.
"Well if he did that, he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the Planet." Bruce added.
"Finally, someone who speaks English." Tony responds, walking over to Bruce.
"Is that what just happened?" Steve questioned, and Bonnie laughed quietly at his confusion. Tony shook her dad's hand, and they exchanged a nod of respect.
"It's good to meet you Doctor Banner. Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster." Bonnie winced at Tony's word choice. "Why is there a kid with you?"
"Thanks," Bruce says awkwardly. "Uh, this is my daughter Bonnie." Tony's face crinkled in confusion.
"But.. you..?" He motions to Bruce's lower half.
"I'm adopted." Bonnie elaborated for her dad, laughing slightly at his awkwardness.
"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube, I was hoping you might join him." Fury interjects, stopping him from saying anything else wrong.
"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works a lot like a HYDRA weapon." Steve states, and Bonnie nods, having done her fair share of research on HYDRA.
"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys." Fury elaborated.
"Monkeys? I do not understand?" Thor asks.
"I do! I understood that reference." Steve says proudly, and Bonnie laughs again.
"Shall we play Doctor?" Tony asks Bruce, and he nods in response.
"Let's play some, come on Bon." Bruce agrees, and they all head back to the lab.
After a few hours of work, Bruce is scanning for gamma ray radiation all over the planet, and they're all playing the waiting game.
"Gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract." Bruce states.
"It's going to take weeks to process, though." Bonnie adds.
"If we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer cluster, we can clock this around six hundred teraflops." Tony throws in his own addition, and Bonnie nods. "You got a smart kid here Banner."
"Thanks." Bruce responds curtly. "Trained her myself."
"You know, you should come by Stark Towers sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it, it's candy land." Tony says, and Bonnie perks up, looking at her dad pleadingly.
"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem." Bruce declines, and Bonnie frowns, looking down.
"Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension. No surprises." His words were quickly rebutted when Tony jabbed Bruce in the side with an electrical prod, and Bonnie jumped.
"Ow!" Bruce yelped, and Steve came in angrily. Tony leans in to look at Bruce closely.
"Nothing?" He questions, while Bonnie backs away behind Steve nervously.
"Hey, are you nuts?" Steve spits at Tony, who ignores him.
"You really have got a lid on it don't you? What's your thing?" Bonnie doesn't hear the rest of the conversation, because she leaves the room, trying to get away from Tony at this point. She walked down the wall, trying to find a familiar place.
Her search wasn't in vain, as she found the room that held most of her memories. The door was unlocked, and with a breath of courage, she stepped into the room.
She looked around the room, the memories flooding in. Her heart rate spiked when she realized she wasn't alone.
"Well hello there." A tenor voice spoke, drawing her attention to her old bedroom. She stepped closer, eying him carefully.
"You're him." She said, finding a rare feeling of confidence when she looked at the god in front of her. "You're Loki." A sickening grin slid over his features.
"You know of me." He says simply. "Why don't you return the favor and introduce yourself to me as well?" She raised an eyebrow.
"You're living in my room and you don't even know my name?" Her statement clearly confused him.
"I thought this was for the beast?" She shook her head.
"No, that one was." She said, pointing to the unit next to the one he was in. "You're in mine."
"You're a beast?" He asks, and she chuckles.
"Not as impressive as my dad is, but yeah. And that's a pretty offensive way of putting it. How would you like it if I just referred to you as an 'alien'." She half-joked. His features didn't show any entertainment however, just thought.
"Why do you work with these people? They wronged you. You're powerful, you could destroy them all." He points out, seeming to get angrier.
"My dad, I trust him more than anything." She says simply. "He took me in when I had nothing, and saved me from a life in a cage. If he says I'm safe, I trust him."
"You're adopted?" He questions, and she nods.
"I got in an accident, and when I woke up I didn't remember anything. Apparently, my parents died in the accident, and that's when I became a Hulk. I was with SHIELD for 5 years before dad broke me out." She had no idea why she was telling him these things, he had killed people, he wanted to kill her, she assumed. She didn't need to talk to him, but she felt like she should. He remained silent, and she started to fiddle awkwardly with her fingers. "Well, I just wanted to see if it was the same, and it looks like it, so, I'm gonna go..." She says awkwardly, heading back out of the door. He didn't say anything as she left, and Bonnie made her way back to the lab.
She stepped back in and her dad looked up.
"Bon, where'd you go? I was worried." He said softly.
"I went to the bathroom to calm down, I'm okay I promise." She assures, knowing he wouldn't like if she told him where she really was. He nodded, turning back to his work, and Bonnie sat down in a chair, before losing herself in her thoughts.