10; ⚄⚄

the legitimate reason dylan told vanessa he had to take off was because lola had asked him if he wanted to facetime her. he was over the moon and said goodbye to vanessa so he could see his cute crush pop up on his phone screen.

dylan played it 'cool' and texted lola "i mean, okay sure" which sounded a bit rude in his head but at the same time he didn't want to sound over eager like a simp. his phone started ringing that facetime tune and waited a few seconds before he accepted the call.

"lola? hey"

"DYLAN! hiii" she sounded awfully cheerful in his opinion. that's a good sign right?

"lolaaa what's up?"

"nothing really, i just wanted to see you :)"

"aww i miss you!"

"i miss you too! i wanna give u a big hug dyl" holding out the "L"

dylan remembered for a second what his friends told him. why did they tell him to stay away from this innocent looking girl? she's one of the sweetest people he's ever met. he chose to ask lola if she knew the bsc cast personally. if she said no then he knew something was up.

"so lola, i have a question.."

"yes?"

"do you know the babysitters club girls? shay, momona, mailia, xochitl, and sophia. like have you talked to them before?"

she awkwardly shuffled, he could tell she was debating on telling him the truth or not.

"oh uh haha i uh no i-i haven't." he knew she was lying solely because of what the bsc girls said and by the way her voice got a little higher and cracky.

"ohh well you should. they're really nice people and i can tell you guys would be great friends" dylan responded to her lie.

"um yeah maybe .. !"

the two teens continued to talk for about another half hour before lola's mom called her to set the table for dinner.

"hey dyl, i gotta go, i'll text you okay?"

"okay .. cutie -he whispered at the end word.-"

lola heard what he said she just didn't address it because she had to go but she still smiled at the thought.

call ended.

lola didn't understand why dylan asked her if she knew them. "did those stupid girls tell dylan what happened between us?" questions swirled in her brain, causing her to miss a step while walking, making fall down the stairs.

meanwhile ...

vanessa was in a celebratory mood and chose to post a picture on instagram. it has to be GODLY though because it's the first pic dylan is going to like on her instagram & her friends will see it too. she came up with a few captions but thought of the perfect one.

instagram !