*|-|*A Not So Great Fresh Start *|-|*

"YAH HAN! GET UR CRUSTY DUSTY ASS OFF THE DESK, NOW!"

Aish, no need to be salty on the first day of work DIC Han thought, as he abruptly jerked up from the sudden booming voice of his boss and rolled his eyes discreetly, but didn't go unnoticed as his partner, DC Seo, smirked at the squirrel-like detective. 

They remained quiet in the briefing room as Captain Kim Taehyung strolled off towards the stand at the front of the hall, radiating a dark, serious, "fuck off" type of energy. He peeled off his jacket revealing a white button up shirt with the first couple of buttons off, messing up his hair as tiny slightly visible beads of sweat trickled down his jaw. 

"Well, ain't that thermal energy kickin' in" Han Jisung muttered, earning a few snickers from the back of the room from where they were. 

"I would welcome you guys back from your Summer break, but we don't have time for that shitty small talk." Captain Kim said, or in other words shouted, glaring at DIC Han for ruining his usual generous mood within 2 seconds of entering the hall. 

"From 7 months ago, we had lost all leads to the Lee Know  case and were left more confused then ever, but recently, or well, more like an hour before, 5 reports came in informing us that there has been new casualties." He paused, gazing across the room as if he could see through each and every detective there, and sighed. 

"So, listen up. We need to work together efficiently, muck up once and your fired." Snarling, he intensely stared into Detective Han's eyes, and DIC Han nodded, knowing exactly what he was going to say next, almost as if they are telepathic. 

" I'll leave DIC Han in charge of this case, as I trust that he will put the criminal at justice. DC Jennie, Lisa, Jisoo and Rosé, sector 9 has not been cleared through, so head to the district and question...." 

As the Captain's voice trailed off, DIC Han could barely focus on what he had instructed. Breathe in,  breathe out Han, he whispered to himself, knowing that he was handed a HUGE case that could either damage his career or give him a promotion. 

For the trust and faith of the Captain to be on him weighed his body down as if there were two elephants sitting on either side of his shoulders. 

On the other hand, DC Seo was smiling at DIC Han is if the latter had just announced that he was going to pay the other $500,000 for no reason whatsoever. 

"What the hell are you staring at?" Han laughed off, a hint of nervousness evident in his voice. 

"What do you mean!?! He just trusted you in, like, the BIGGEST case in South Korea, dumbass!"DC Seo was shocked, to say the least, that DIC Han wasn't exploding in euphoria or busting out some random comment full of his usual confidence. 

"I know, but I'm screwed if I don't solve this dang case." Feeling a slight emotion of dystopia attack his heart at the thought of the pressure and stress he was under, DIC Han sighed heavily. 

"We can do it, Han, we're unstoppable, and you know that. Capt. (Short for Captain) has trained us really well, and without him, we'd probably be joining Felix's Fortnite cult by now-" cackled Changbin, the thought of his beautifully amazing and attractive boyfriend leaving a lingering smile on his face. 

Scoffing, Jisung remarked "And if Capt. didn't end up being who he is now, he'd definitely be a saxophone star!" With that, they both wheezed for a good couple of minutes, as the nervousness and anxiety Han was overwhelmed with slowly fading away. 

~~~~~~ NC: ~~~~~~~

"Who is Lee Know?"

"Bruh, don't eat 10 pocky sticks at once!!!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"Wait, ain't that him?"

;)