Hospital Stays

Taylor's POV

We decided that we were going to redo Avia's whole room and let her design it however she likes. I continue to organize all of her toys and clothes as she plays in the backyard with my dad.

"Need help there?" Mom says as she knocks on Avia's door.

I laugh and sigh as I look around at the many toys still left all over the floor, "This child has too many toys, I don't think they'll all fit on her new shelves." I tell her and keep placing each toy onto each shelf.

Mom chuckles and begins to help organize her closet. After a few minutes, I finally decide on what toys she would keep and the others we would donate.

We hear a loud cry coming from downstairs and my whole body freezes, knowing it's Avia. Mom and I run down the stairs as quick as we can and see my dad carrying Avia with a bloody leg.

"What happened?!" I yell as I hurry over to my daughter as she weeps onto me.

Her cries become louder and we hurry into the car to drive off to the hospital. She sits on my lap and continues to cries as I hold a towel onto her bleeding leg, as I looked at it it might be broken as well.

When we arrive at the hospital it takes many of us to keep her still onto the bed, so the doctors can look at what's wrong.

"MOMMY!" Avia screams as the doctors begin to push her away from me and off to surgery.

I stay behind and cry onto my moms shoulder. "What the hell am I supposed to do, I feel useless." I tell her because I didn't know how to make my baby feel better.

My dad tells me that they were playing in the tree house, when Avia slipped going down the ladder and fell landing on her leg. Immediately, I decide that we are getting rid of that tree house.

A couple minutes have gone by, but it feels like forever... until I get an unexpected call.