Coming home

"It sucks that we have to leave LA now. I really wanted to spend some more time with Joe." It is a couple of days after Anna and Brian's son Joe was born. Today is the day we are saying goodbye to our LA home for a while. Together with our team and families, we came to the conclusion that it was best to leave LA for a while to spend some time out of the spotlights to recharge and enjoy the last few months of my pregnancy. It was such a struggle to decide where to go. Toronto? Amsterdam? but eventually we have decided to go to my hometown, Amsterdam. The main argument for our choice was that Dutch people are extremely down to earth. Out of every place on earth I know, we have the best chance of some normalcy in Amsterdam. I know the city like the back of my hand and I know how to keep a low profile there. I have been doing that as long as I live. So, yeah... Amsterdam it is. It will be strange to not return to the house that I love so much every night but it will be for the best. And we have rented a nice place in Amsterdam as well so, I think it will turn out fine. After all, we only rented the house for a month so, if we do not like it there, we can leave in no time.

"I know you wanted to but it is for the best and if you really miss them, we can always ask if they fly out to Amsterdam to spend some time with us there." Shawn says as he walks behind me, supporting me as I climb the stairs of the private plane.

"They cannot fly with a new born. You have to wait for their immune system to properly work." I know because I looked it up online because I wanted to know if we can travel with Shawn when his new tour starts in February.

"I know but it is allowed to travel with a two weeks old baby and who says we are only going to stay in Amsterdam for a month?." I look up at him as I take a seat in a comfortable chair.

He place my handbag on the little table in front of me and hand me Lou. "I mean, if we like it here, we can always decide to stay until your due date and have the baby there."

I shake my head. "I want him to be born in the US. He will automatically obtain an US citizenship. It will be easier for him." Do you know how hard it is to get an American citizenship?

"That's also a possibility. He will automatically also get a Dutch and Canadian pasport. Google says that you can have three passports at once." Shawn is already such a hands on dad. The kid is not even here yet and his dad already has set up a trust found in his name. Well, matter of speaking. We still have no clue what his name is going to be.

"Mr. International." If he ever wants to pursue a car in showbizz, that would be an ideal name. No, I am kidding. There is no way I want for him to be chased by paparazzi all day. He deserves to have a normal life. Well, at least a shot at it.

Shawn smiles as he takes a seat next to me and lay his hand on my belly. "He will be able to pick up so many girls with that feature." He says proudly.

I gasp loudly and push his hand away. "Absolutely not. His mommy is going to be the only female in his life."

"If he is anything like his dad, the girls are going to swoon all over him." I roll my eyes at Shawn playfully cockiness. Not that it is not true. I know that millions of girls would kill to be in my shoes but it is best to not feed his ego. It will only get to his head.

"And what if the next baby is going to be a girl? Is she also allowed to play the field like her momma did." I never really played the field. I never felt the need to do so. I was a bit young to do so before I met Shawn and after Shawn, yeah... no guy ever really measured up to him. But I know that I still do while in the market, even pregnant. You would be surprised the dm's I get upon this day from guys. Apparently guys are also attracted to pregnant girls... as weird as that sounds.

Shawn's smile falls and he immediately shakes his head. "No, there is absolutely no way some guy will ever be good enough for her. I will lock her up in her room if I have too."- men are so weird. They will encourage their sons to go out and pick up girls but if their daughters want to start dating, that is suddenly a problem. "And don't act like you have played the field babe because you and I both know that nobody else could ever beat me."