Chapter 8

I woke up when I heard a loud thump downstairs. I immediately went down to look at what fell down but I was shocked to see it wasn't something, but someone.

"Oh my gosh! Sehun!" I shouted as I went down the stairs. I ran as quickly as I could and as I reached him, I shook him.

"Sehun." I tapped his cheek, his pupils dilating then contracting, and the heat I felt burned my hand.

"You have a fever," I said to him, and to top it all off, he reeked of alcohol.

"Come on, let's get you up." I tried to help him but my hands were shoved away by his.

"I'm fine. Go." Sehun tried to stand up but as soon as he did, he lost his balance. I saved him from falling face first.

"So much for being fine, yeah?" I said sarcastically as I put his hands on my shoulder and without a complaint, Sehun used my body to balance himself.

"My head is throbbing." He muttered trying to hoist himself up to the stairs using the railing as I try to keep him steady.

"Yeah. That's what you get for having a hangover and soaking yourself under the rain. What happened to you anyway?" I asked him. "Lover's quarrel?" I sneered at him.

"I told you I don't have one," Sehun said harshly. I felt guilty.

"I-I umh.. I'm sorry about last night, I guess." I muttered lowly as we stepped on the last step of the stairs. Sehun did not reply. Once again, I put his arm on my shoulder. I dropped him gently on the bed.

"Sehun, you need to change out of your clothes. Can you do it?" I asked him out of concern.

"Yes, I will manage." He replied in a monotone.

"Great. Change out of your clothes. I'll get you some medicine." I said as I exited his room.

I went downstairs heading for the cabinet. I looked for the medicine and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. After that, I decided to get a wet towel for the fever to slightly go down.

I headed upstairs, knocking before coming in, in case he's still changing and once I got the go signal, I entered his room.

I placed the medicine and glass on his bedside table and contemplated whether to sit down on his bed so I can put the towel on his head but I did so, even though I felt awkward.

I turned to look at him and saw that he's shivering. His eyes closed and all of his body covered in a blanket. I placed the wet cloth on his head and he immediately tensed at the sudden contact but relaxed when he realized what it was. He closed his eyes again but opened them quickly as if he's alarmed.

"Trash can." He pointed near the door and I immediately got it. I helped him get up in a sitting position as he grabbed the bin from my hands. He threw up as I rubbed his back. Once he was done, I gave him the glass of water so he can gargle with it. I went downstairs to dispose of the trash can. It's almost time for me to go to work but I can't leave Sehun like that. I decided to call Kai.

"Hello." He answered cheerfully.

"Hello, Kai. I'm just calling to tell you I can't come to work today. Please also tell Jen to train the new worker."

"What? Why? What happened?"

"Sehun is sick."

"Oh, I see. Okay." With that, he ended the phone call. Is he seriously mad over a small thing?

My mind was pre-occupied as I cook soup for Sehun. After all, he threw up everything a while ago, and drinking medicine in an empty stomach isn't the best option. I never knew I could be a housewife material, but I guess I surprised myself doing these things for none other than my so-called husband.