Chapter Eleven

| Damian |

--*--

"We should probably get going. I feel like I'll collapse at any moment," Rhys said.

I stretched my arms above my head and yawned as I stared up at the lonely silver moon. I couldn't ignore my fatigue any longer. My body was heavy, and my eyes burned with every blink.

"That sounds like a good idea," Stella said, yawning, "This night went better than I'd anticipated."

"Yeah?" Rhys asked. He stretched his arms behind his back. "What were you expecting?"

"I don't know, but it went pretty well... all things considered."

I stared at her. There were so many questions floating around in my head. "That reminds me, you didn't answer my question earlier," I said.

"Sorry, Dami... But the less you know, the better." She yawned again before walking away.

The less I know, the better...? I wasn't sure why that bothered me so much, but it did. A hell of a lot.

"Wait, Stella," Rhys shouted. "Have you found a place to stay?"

"Blair's going to secure one after she meets with the Camp Council. And by the way, from now on, call me..." She rolled her eyes in thought. "...Aimee."

Rhys's forehead tightened as he folded his arms. "So, you are hiding?"

"Not really."

"Just admit it. If you're going through all this trouble to keep your identity under wraps, then you're hiding."

"It's more of a covert thing."

"Is there really a difference?" Rhys asked. "Also, Aimee isn't a good match for you. No offense."

"Why would I take offense?" Stella chuckled nervously. "Wait..." She looked over at me. "Should I be offended?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"How about Sophie? Or better yet, Alyce," Rhys asked. "What do you think, Damian? You like?"

I sighed. Please, leave me out of this.

"Does it really matter?" I asked.

"Don't be such a stick in the mud," he said, looking almost annoyed. "Alyce it is."

"Okay? Thanks?" Stella drawled.

I chuckled and shook my head, and as I did, in the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of Jaric walking past us in the near distance. He was being escorted in cuffs by a member of the Camp Guard, while the other members followed close behind.

It wasn't surprising. After all, he did electrocute an entire crowd like they were pests.

"Hey, Rhys," I said, slapping his arm with the back of my hand, "Check this out."

Rhys looked over at him and sighed. "Great..." His voice was almost callous.

"Where are they taking him?" Stella asked.

"The Council building," Rhys answered. "He seems to love it there."

"Isn't that the woman you were with?" I asked as I spotted Blair walking behind the Camp Guard.

Stella's face lit up, and as though she felt her gaze, Blair returned a glance.

Blair then broke away from the group and walked up to us. "What are you doing?" she asked, "You should be keeping a low profile."