❃Bonus Scenes❃

Hey guys! I'm so sorry it took me forever to post these bonus scenes. I was focused on writing Flames and my other stories, but I finally wrote these scenes! I hope you enjoy some scenes in Zuko's point of view!

 I was focused on writing Flames and my other stories, but I finally wrote these scenes! I hope you enjoy some scenes in Zuko's point of view!

Zuko's throat was raw from yelling at the sky, telling it to strike him. He desperately wanted it to strike him, to send something other than despair spiraling through his body. He was tired of feeling like he wasn't enough. He wasn't enough for Uncle, he wasn't enough for his father or his sister. The only person who thought he was enough was Asake. 

Asake was the only one who understood his pain. She had been banished just like she had; she had been forced to leave her home, the place she knew all her life, because of him. Her father didn't want her back just like Zuko's father. It felt like they were the only two in the same boat. He didn't think he'd have it any other way.

Rain poured down from the sky in torrential waves. Each drop punctured his delicate skin with a ferocious bite. They felt like little knives, slicing and sawing through his bones. If he stayed out any longer, he would be a pile of skin and bones, nothing more. 

Sometimes he thought that was all he was - skin and bones, no emotions. But whenever he was with Asake, he knew he was more than skin and bones. Somehow, she always brought out many different types of emotions. The emotions that she generally brought out were annoyance and anger, but sometimes he felt softer - happier - with her. 

Zuko's heels dug into the mud as he stalked back to their little hut. The ground had grown mushy and soft after the torrent that had been dumped from the heavens. A few drops of rain dripped down his back, so he pulled his shirt closer to him. The day had gotten colder after the clouds cover up the sun. He hoped Uncle and Asake had a fire burning in their hut. 

He frowned when he saw Uncle hovering in the doorway to their hut. A weird look went across his face before it settled on a smile. "Are you feeling better?" Uncle asked gently.

Zuko didn't answer him. Instead, he asked, "What are you doing?"

"I wanted to make sure you were okay," Uncle answered with a nod. "How are you?"

"Where's Asake?"

Uncle frowned. "I thought she was with you."

Zuko shook his head immediately. "She wasn't with me."

Uncle looked over Zuko's shoulder and a slight gasp escaped his lips. He turned around and ambled into the hut. Zuko followed, glancing around. Asake wasn't in here. Where was she? It wasn't safe to be out in this type of weather. 

"Uncle, where'd she go?" Zuko asked impatiently. 

Uncle's shoulders bent as he read something off a piece of paper in his hands. Something didn't look right as Uncle glanced up at Zuko. "I'm sorry," Uncle said, his voice barely audible. 

"Sorry for what?" Zuko snapped. 

He snatched the piece of paper out of Uncle's hands and skimmed the small, neat words. His heart sunk lower and lower into his chest as he read those words. The ground underneath his feet shook when he read the last word: Honor.