Chapter 3

Dedicated to walnutchimp for being the first to vote and the first to comment. 

"Beep Beep," I woke up to the usual sound of my iHome iBT297 alarm clock. I opened my eyes and the piercing sun shone right through them causing me to close it again. Dang my head hurts.I got up, and got dressed, brushed my teeth, washed my face like every other morning. That when I remembered the events last night. The shooting range, the secret note, how I went to sleep after reading it. I knew for a fact that Erica was the one who sent it. She probably didn't want to give me the note by hand because

people may get the wrong idea. Did she want me to win the competition? I went to the cafeteria, my mind racing with thoughts. Could she possibly-

"Hey Ben guess what," Mike said as he approached me interrupting my thoughts.

"What?" I was surprised by his enthusiasm. Mike is usually tired during breakfast like me. His hair looks like a mess and there is dark stuff under his eyes.

"Some kids tried to pull a prank on that new kid Nick. They put a bucket of water on top of his door but then while putting the water on top Nick opened the door and the person freaked out and dumped it all on himself.. You should've been there, it was hilarious." Mike said while laughing uncontrollably.

Huh, that's lucky. That's like one in 42300 chance that he woke up exactly 13 seconds before the event. I thought while walking with Mike. We sat down in our usual spots and got out our breakfast oatmeal that looks like it's 3 years old.

"Have you heard about how that new exchange student literally wrecked 3 fourth years?" Zoe asked while sitting down next to us. Apparently everyone knew about the incident. Once again, this is spy school, so it is completely normal for news to spread all over the school.

"Ya I was just telling ben about that," Mike said while smiling, "It's the funniest thing we had in a while.

Breakfast went by quickly as we talked about funny moments that had happened in our lives. You don't usually get something as funny as this in our boring school. As soon as I finished my breakfast, I went down to Self Preservation to finish my essay. The room was unusually quiet as no one had arrived yet. I sat in the very back row as always and started working. Overtime, more students came and sat down. There's Chip, and then Zoe, after Mike came. My friends came and sat next to me as I continued to work on my essay. Chapter 169 move 42 was-

"Hey isn't that Nick?" Mike asked, surprising me so much that I almost toppled backwards.

"Ya I think that's him too," Zoe said

I looked up, and 10 rows in front of me stood Nick. His hoodie was on top of his head, his dark brown eyes glaring at the floor. He had an aura that basically says: come five feet near me and I will beat you up. He took a seat at the very front of the class. Bad mistake, I thought as I continued to work on my essay. If he sleeps, then he's dead. I finished my essay by writing down the essentials for move 42(back pinning), and a conclusion. I gave it to Professor Crandall just before class started. Professor Crandall talked about the importance of the methods of pinning but I was only half listening. I started to doze off instantly. I was gonna fall asleep when suddenly,

"Mr Nicholas Wild!" Professor Crandall bellowed, scaring me and every other person in the room. I turned and looked at Nick who had apparently just woken up from his nap. "You're new here aren't you?" Professor Crandall asked.

"Yes sir," Nick replied looking not the slightest scared but instead glaring at him, "I'm the transfer student."

"Does your professor allow you to sleep during a lecture?" Professor Crandall asked.

"No," Nick said sternly, "but your lesson bores me."

We all backed away from him as quickly as possible. I knew where this was going.

"So, have you done your essay on chapter 169 yet?" Professor Crandall asked

"Uh, I was kind of busy," Nick stammered while fidgeting.

"I see," Professor Crandall said, "how about I give you a little pop quiz and see what your skill level is at."

This is bad. Every person had fear in their eyes as they evacuated the room. We peered out through the window as they stepped outside. I could hear Crandall's voice out in the house.

"Today's topic was pinning down an opponent," he said while he got a blindfold out of his pocket. He put the blindfold on Nick's eyes so that they were covered and surprisingly, Nick didn't fight back. He just stood there as if waiting to get beaten up.

"If you really know this stuff you should be able to pin down my goon in a matter of seconds," He said as he opened the vaulted door. One of the biggest and scariest people marched out of that door. He was 7'2 muscles bulging out of his shirt. There is no way in hell someone like Nick could touch him, let alone do it blindfolded. Nick is going to die. The guy marched over to Nick and punched him straight in the face. Nick ducked. He tried to hit him again, Nick dodged. He did a right uppercut, Nick dodged again I couldn't believe my eyes as Nick dodged several of his punches. The guy got so angry that he tried to wrestle Nick. Nick then made his first move by ducking, then swiping his leg. The goon fell down with such force that it made me flinch. Nick then kicked his chin so that he could pin him while all doing this blindfolded. His foot hit the end of the chin where the bone is while using a force that will cause pain but will not damage anything. The goon yelped in pain as his foot collided with his chin. He then used both of his legs to pin his arms down to the exact spot so that his arms can't move and his legs cannot touch him. He also made sure to apply the amount of pressure that would hurt but not so much to the point of a bone breaking.

"I did it," Nick said in a monotone voice clearly suggesting that the task was too easy, " what do I do now?"

We all stared at him in shock. THIS GUY JUST KNOCKED OUT A 7'2 MEN BLINDFOLDED!

As always, please point out my mistakes cause my weak eyes can't see them all. Until next time, Peace.