CHAPTER II-ANONYMOUS PACKAGE

Six years later, no one saw or heard anything else about submarine-shaped UFOs or bright, rainbow-colored fox creatures jumping out of blue and silver swirling vortexes. The local Philadelphia news had broadcast a few stories about them during the weeks which followed after the mysterious alien attack. But after a while of reporting on it, no other signs of them were to be seen anywhere on Earth. I never forgot about them, despite their lack of appearances. I wanted to know what happened to them. I just HAD to know! Where did they go? How did they get to Earth Would I or anyone else ever see these heroes again? Questions like these often flooded into my mind on certain days when there wasn't much of anything to do.

It was now the 31st of August in the year 1999.

My mom and I lived together in a boring, old row house on Cambria Street, sandwiched in between several other row houses. During this time, while I was playing a game on the PlayStation Game Console, I heard a thud to my left. I looked towards the front door because that's where the sound came from. Filled with curiosity, I unlocked and opened the door. Right there, in front of me, was a medium-sized, brown package.

I quickly picked it up and brought it inside, due to my love of getting packages in the mail. I closed and locked the door again, so I could examine the package. I did so but didn't see any mailing tags on it. It was completely blank! I shook it and heard the sound of some objects shuffling inside. I gasped in delight. My Mom was currently asleep, but I wanted to show her the package right away. I also wanted to open it and see what was inside. The urge to do so took over and before I realized it, I was practically tearing open the package. I gasped in amazement at what lay inside of it-three hand-sized diamond-shaped objects, three flasks, containing three different colors of unknown liquid (blue, green, and red), and lastly, a piece of paper and a pen. I took all the stuff out and set it on the living room floor.

"Hmm..."I said out loud in curiosity.

I picked up the sheet of paper and examined it to see if it said anything. But, it was blank as well.

"Huh?"I muttered out loud, confused.

Suddenly, some handwriting I could read began to appear on the paper, as though someone invisible was writing a note before my eyes! It read:

"Greetings, young one! And thank you for opening this package. It is quite important that your Mom sees this. Please go and wake her up immediately!"

I gasped and stared at the piece of paper, startled. More handwriting appeared on it. Now, it said: "Never mind! She's already up. Please go and retrieve her."

I was stunned. I glanced upstairs. Surely enough, my Mom was now in the bathroom, and the door was closed. I ran upstairs and knocked on the door.

"What, Hippie-Muggins?" my Mom called down to me from inside the bathroom.

"I need to show you something amazing I found when you get out, Hippie-Mommy!" I told her.

"Okay, Hippie-Muggins." she replied.

I ran back downstairs and looked at the paper. It had somehow now turned into a scroll.

"Wow!" I exclaimed in excitement over this.

I picked up the scroll. It now read: "Are you Hippie-Muggins? Yes or no? Please circle one."

I picked up the fountain pen that had come with the package and circled "Yes". More writing was appearing on the scroll. It read:

"Good. Now that you and your Hippie-Mommy can both see this, I can tell you who I am and why I'm here."

My mom strode down the stairs. She looked at the mystery items scattered on the living room floor. "What's all this stuff on the floor, Hippie-Muggins?" my mom asked me, looking puzzled.