Episode 4 - Sons and Daughters

May 3, 2018. Sean finished fixing a local car from the Diaz Repair Shop and parked it outside, covering it with a large blue sack. It's the fifth car they fixed that week. Sean chuckled wondering why were there cars kept getting need of repair. It was as if every week there are three to five  cars in need of repair. He wasn't complaining as the money was good and he's earning half of the money he loaned for the garage. Maybe its just right they setup beside the highway.

Sean placed back his tools, wiping the grease on his hands. The town is getting hotter as its almost summer time. He finally quit the job at Doña Felicidad, though he manages to visit the restaurant everyday as its where he usually eat lunch, and with his brother by dinner. Maria and her new cook was getting along nicely and spiced up Israel's cooking which made  the restaurant gain more attention.

Laura on the other hand is about to graduated highschool on July. Laura told Maria she'll have ten medals to place on her neck by the end of that day. Maria cried for a moment, happy that one of her children is about to enter College. She was already accepted to her favored university. She wished not to leave home but her chosen university are two cities away from Puerto Lobos. Though she promised her mother to visit them every end of the month and if there were long breaks. She's about to take up Law this coming August and is now saving money to rent an apartment in the city. With the rise of locals and foreigners that kept dining in Doña Felicidad, Maria had saved enough money for Laura's education for the year.

Israel's cocktail bar by the beach was getting more popular every week.  Foreigners and locals celebrated the place as summer is almost there. Israel also hired a beautiful assistant by the shop which attracted men's attention. He even told Sean that he likes the assistant he hired. Sean laughed when he heard about and told him Israel is lucky to have her everyday by his side. Israel was getting popular with the girls around the area, usually mentioning as the guy that smells like strawberries. Yet he really likes her assistant more rather than the beautiful foreigners on the beach. He was too afraid as he deemed it was unprofessional on his part.

Even though Israel is jealous of her sister, he's proud that Laura is going places other than Puerto Lobos. Though Sean tells him, he doesn't have to be jealous since because of him, he managed to give his family a better life.

Chico on the other hand finally confessed to Maria about his feelings but got rejected because Maria told him, she's content to have Juanito her first and last husband. She also told him, she's already too old to have another romance and is already happy to be with her children. Chico accepted and hoped they'll be still friends and Maria agreed. Chico still visited Doña Felicidad after and had his usual dishes and is now dating a woman he met by the port.

Sean looked at his watch, its almost 3PM. Sean took off his shirt and took a shower. He has to get Daniel from school. He then walked across the bedroom with his towel on and opened the wardrobe. He saw his sweater with a wolf on it. Smiling, he remembered why he came up calling them as wolves brothers. He had no use of it as of now since Mexico is getting hot and he only uses it when entering malls which is at the next town. It's been too long since he wore it. He then pulled out a black shirt and khaki pants along with it.

They're having a nice life in Puerto Lobos but they still have to lie low not to attract the eyes of the police. Especially what happened at the resort. It has been a month since it happened and the only texts he received is from the doctor asking him if he felt any pain. Based on what he's doing now, there's nothing to worry about.

Sean then turned the engines of the car and drove to the road.  Its been almost a year since Karen gave this car to travel to the border and the only letter he received is the one Lyla and the others went to visit them in Puerto Lobos. He wondered where his mom was. Still hiding? They may be the reason she's hiding, the fire on that church and helping them cross the border. Her sacrifice for both him and Daniel will always be painted in their minds.