Awakening

Voices starts ringing, Commander? Wake up. I grunted, I ain't no commander, I'm a sergeant, now go away. Then statics shows in my vision in successfully attempted to disturb my rest, and so I got up and look around the people around me as if they saw a ghost, staring at me as I blink thinking I'm in a simulation. You guys are real right? One man walk up to me, in his engineered suit and looked up close, and smack me on the face. Ow, that hurts! Then he just stood straight up and spoke Yes we are, and welcome to the Partisans, and your... new limbs, I hope you are fine with it. I look at my arms and legs, noticed how plated they are, just no hands though. Let me guess, you don't know how to make a mechanical hands and feet, I guess I'm fine with it... Ah! I fell as I attempted to stand on pointy legs. Another person came, helps me stood back up, and spoke in a soothing voice, Careful, these parts could break if not handled correctly. I looked at her, as she assisted me to walk. Name is Xulan, I'm the assistant of Overseer Joel, he's expecting you. I responded kindly as I nod Nice to meet you Xulan, thanks for helping me trying to get used to walking. She gave me a faint smiles, and led me the office where Joel was waiting for me. Xulan set me down on a comfy chair, facing towards Joel, who had his back turned and turns around for an introduction. So, you must be the one, who fought the war, but always contemplates between humans correct? I then sigh, agreeing to his assumptions about me, then I replied, Yea, what's in it for you, and why me? Joel then gave me smile, then started to show me the pictures of the real world, and the present. I was shocked for each picture I saw, everything is in peril, homeless civilians, futuristic soldiers still in combat, and other different battles according to the satellites, such as what it seems to be infected over by the west side, and battle over land everywhere, and murderers. Well, why bringing me back to this mess! Do you expect me to do something? I'm not some kind of god! I'm merely just a soldier who was drafted to do their biddings! As I lend out my anger, Joel sighs, like he knew he'll get this response from me, Well, this group is not what you used to be in, I understand that you were used as a war tool in such catastrophe, but please, our members are losing in numbers, these are just resistance people, trying to balance between everything, and as you can see, it is not going well. We need your help Commander Kinnlinn, now more than ever. Well, from what I see about this place, I don't know if I have anyone to care for, but, if my friends are still alive out there, fighting for their lives or along the sides, that's is what I believe to protect for, an unknown possibility that could waste my time so I agree to join into their faction, and so he shakes my plated arm, at least it's still a generous hand shake. He led out few words for me, Good, welcome to the team will brief shortly after your new clothes and some training for you set up. And with that, I left him with a nod and a clumsy walk towards my room as I was assisted by Xulan.