Prologue

1999...

As if it could get worse. After the two incidents involving Raccoon City, and the Arklay Mansion back in 1998, the remaining members of S.T.A.R.S. have disbanded. Our paths have taken us to different routes, Barry was helping the government take down Umbrella after what happened in said incidents. Rebecca went to a university to finish her scholarship, and Jill and I continue to fight Bioterrorism.

My sister, Claire Redfield, was trying to find me, only to get in a mess herself. Luckily for her, I founded her instead, along with an agent from the A.M.S. who got caught up in the mess.

The A.M.S.... They were a division from the FBI that was created to stop bioterrorism. We've met them more than once that's for sure.

Despite everything that happened to us, we survived the horrors, and tried to either improve ourselves, or move on. It took only until one year for the horrors from last year to catch up however, but this time, it was something else.

Me and Jill were sent on a mission to investigate a town in Maine, called Silent Hill. People were disappearing from the town, both those who live there, and those who were visiting. Since the last person who disappeared was a cop, we had to investigate.

But it turns out, we aren't the only ones who came to the town. And we're not the only ones, who have to deal with the newest nightmare...

/~{.}~\

It was a long year. Me and Jill were relaxing in the lobby of the Anti-Bioterrorism group we're temporarily joining. The search for Umbrella's (other) HQ wasn't found just yet, so we had to take other jobs for the time being.

For awhile, nothing popped up.

But me and Jill were announced to come here for a reason, so maybe they found something. A secretary came up to us, and gave me a paper. "Well, Chris, we finally got a job. Take a look." I took the paper, and looked it over. "A cop went missing. Silent Hill...never heard of that place." Jill took the paper from my hands, and read the file. "Hmm...a cop went missing?"

"Cybil Bennet..." I said as I grab the paper back, and asked the secretary, "Anything we should know?" All she does is just shrug. "All that I know is that a cop went missing, and Brahms was looking into something about a drug raid or something? After you get prepared, head out. The department wants to find this cop. Check the place out too. Maybe we could find something on these drugs." We nodded, and left to the locker room.

After getting back, we left the lobby and took a helicopter to Silent Hill, Maine. From the description, there might be more than just a cop missing. But who knows? I just hope we won't die from this mission...

~~Rebecca's POV~~

I couldn't believe that all of the events that happened was only a year ago! I have no idea if Billy is alright, but so far, nothing has been stated. But I know this much, if I wanted to help out Chris, and the others, I had to get better at toxicology.

So I went to University to improve, and join the others to stopping the bioterrorists. It was around the first long break when I got the letter from Chris. I wondered why he didn't email me. It read:

Rebecca, long time no see, right? I know it's been only a year, but I haven't seen you since those incidents. I know that you're probably busy, but I really need your help right now. I have something important to tell you, and it can't be ignored. Me and Jill, we're...in some trouble right now. We're stuck in Silent Hill, Maine, and we're trying to find anyone we could contact. I was able to find your address, and you were the only one that I could find. Go to Brahms and their police department, and get help from there! It's near Silent Hill. Please, hurry!

-Chris

Chris is someone who can take care of himself, so it's a bad thing if he's calling for help. But why was he? And of all things for contact, why a note instead of email? "Something's not right. But nevertheless, I should check it out."

I was about to pack and get ready until I remembered something. "Brahms? Silent Hill? Never heard of either places." Thankfully, the note mentioned Maine, so that would make finding the towns a bit easier. And hopefully, I could find someone who could help me get to Maine in time. Maybe someone still has a helicopter?

~~Barry's POV~~

Once I'm done with helping the government shut down Umbrella, I'll be able to return to my family, once again. Thank god too! I miss them more than ever now. I plan to come back after my daughters grow up, but for now, I need to do my job.

That new guy, Kennedy is quite good at his job though, and we've helped each other out on occasion. He's promising that's for sure. I was about to leave for the day when I saw a familiar figure in the lobby.

"Rebecca?" We may have only met in the Arklay Mansion, but I knew her as the newcomer of S.T.A.R.S.. Funny how we've met again since a year ago. She looks over my way, and seems just as surprised. "Hi! Barry right? It's good to see you here!"

"That's my name, and it's good to see you here too, but I thought you were in University right now."

"Well, that's the thing. I have my first break for the year, but I was hoping someone could help me right now."

"With what?" I ask. "I need to go to Maine."

I wasn't expecting that. What's the hurry? "Maine? Why? Did something happen there?"

"Yes."

"And you need a quick ride to reach there?"

"Yes. Jill and Chris are in trouble, and I need to go to Brahms to find them."

Jill and Chris? In trouble? There's no way those two could get in trouble. They're professionals! "Brahms huh? I've never heard of that town."

"They're in Silent Hill, and I need to find and rescue them."

I still wasn't so sure if that's a good idea. Even if she came prepared, I don't know about this. "Are you sure? I mean, it could be a trap."

"That's why I'm gonna get backup from Brahms PD, and I came prepared. And here's the letter that I got from Chris!"

"A letter? What happened to emails?"

She gave me the letter and immediately, I recognise the writing! This is actually Chris's writing! Looks like he and Jill might actually be in trouble. "I see. Well, we can reach Maine in no time. Come on! A quick helicopter ride shouldn't be a problem."

"Really? Thank you Barry! All we have to do is reach Brahms, and see if anyone knows what happened to Jill and Chris."

"Alright then. I'm going with you."

"You sure?"

"Yeah! If those two are actually in trouble, then we should help them! I'll get a helicopter ready. You wait on the helipad, okay?"

"Yes, sir!"

If the letter from Chris is true, then we should head over as quick as possible! I get the helicopter ready and we head off to our destination. To Brahms Maine!

"Wait. Barry, isn't Pennsylvania far from Maine?"

"It's one hour by flight, hop in!"