4.) This is the Best Day Ever

Today was Saturday; Frank is supposed to be taking me somewhere today. It was almost noon, so I headed out and down to the coffee shop.

By the time I got there, Frank was already seated by a bench outside.

"Hey," he said, standing up.

"You ready to go, Gee?"

He called me Gee, that's kind of cute.

"Sure."

He took my hand and began to lead me down the street. We got plenty of dirty looks from strangers but, hey, who cares.

When Frank finally released my hand, we were at a small stream. It was really quite pretty; there were trees scoured throughout and a few patches of flowers here and there. We sat near the bridge, resting on a small patch of grass.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yes, Frank, I didn't even know this place existed."

"Hardly anyone does, that's why I like it here." He sat down next to me and immediately grabbed my hand.

"Frank, sorry if this is personal, but what is your sexuality?" He paused for a moment before responding.

"Gerard, I'm gay." This actual surprised me a little.

"What about you?"

"I never really thought about it."

"You like boys, don't you Gerd." Frank had a small, evil smile, which he quickly hid. I just laughed in approval.

"I suppose I do." There was a pause.

"You see all those little fish? Don't touch them, they're assholes."

"What do you mean?"

"If you touch them, they will probably try to eat you."

"Oh, that's delightful." Frank looked at me, almost as if he were debating something but quickly turned it down.

"Gerard, I should probably tell you something."

"Hmm?"

"I... I... Ilikeyou." I don't even know what emotion passed through at that time, but it made me as giddy as a school boy.

"I like you too, Frank."

-Time Lapse-

We were still laying on the ground, fingers intertwined, when my father texted me.

You're in deep shit now, Gerard. Get your ass home.

"Damn it, Frank, I gotta go."

"Aww, really?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I'll try to text you, I can't promise anything though."

"Alright, take care of yourself Gerard."

We both stood up at the same time, and he looked me straight in the eyes. He kissed my cheek and wished me goodbye.

-
Author's Note

Sorry, another short chapter. I have this whole thing planned out, though. Kind of.