37

♢ ♢ ♢
"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it."
-J.R.R Tolkien

*chapter thirty six*

Nabi didn't have time to charge up her abilities at all. One second Yun was standing in front of her, the next second her back was hitting the ground, Yun pushing her fingers harshly against her throat.

"Get...off," Nabi croaked, needing air.

"You are her granddaughter," Yun hissed, "You need to die."

Just when Nabi felt like she was about to pass out, Yun flew off her. Nabi sat up, gasping in air. It took a few seconds for her to recover and figure out what was going on.

San and Yunho were attacking Yun, keeping her away from Nabi. San would dash around her, leaving an electric blue tail behind him like a meteor to distract her. Both him and Yunho would attack with punches and kicks.

Sungho was standing by of his front door, almost like he was guarding it. He looked at everything with fear in his eyes, but he stood his ground, staring at Yunho's fight.

Seonghwa was in front of Nabi, his pupils' blue color making it obvious he was using his power on her.

Nabi slapped his hand off her shoulder, growing slightly frightened. She didn't know him at all, definitely not enough to trust him.

He rolled his eyes, the color diminishing. Nabi felt something let go of her mind, but she also felt weaker.

"Relax," Seonghwa said, "I was using my powers to sort of wake up your brain. Now activate yours, we have to protect Yunho's family."

Nabi nodded, a little too fast, but soon enough electric blue energy was rattling over her body. Yun seemed to prick up as soon as Nabi activated her powers. She turned around, Nabi flinching under her hungry gaze.

Yunho threw a kick at her, but she stopped his leg with her wrist, also holding him in place. San ran at her, so fast that Nabi couldn't even follow him with her eyes, but when he reappeared Yun was holding him by his throat, his feet dangling above the ground.

Seonghwa stood up, staring into her eyes. For a moment, both their eyes glowed the same color. Yun released her hold on both San and Yunho, but before either of them could attack she snapped out of it.

She groaned, leaning down and holding her head in her hands.

"Get out!" she yelled, a pulse of energy coming out of her and hitting everyone.

Seonghwa screamed and fell down on the ground, curling into a fetal position and clutching his head.

Yun stood up, surveying the area around her. She blew a stray piece of hair out of her face, as she looked around. Nabi, Seonghwa, San, and Yunho were all on the ground. Seonghwa probably wasn't getting up any time soon, but the rest were a gamble.

"Time to go," she said, "I'll be taking each of you with me, of course."

She started walking towards them, but stopped when she felt a hard impact in her back.