A Fallen Nephilim Pt. 1

Rated T for: Thoughts of potential suicide, language, blood, and death.

Marinette ran.

She didn't care where she was going. She ignored her classmates yelling at her for being a coward and laughing at her. She ignored Chloe, Kagami, Luka and Nino yelling back at the others on what they just did and how wrong it was. She ignored Luka telling her to come back.

Marinette ignored it all.

She just ran, not knowing where she was.

The blunette couldn't believe what was happening. Almost everyone believed in Lila's lies. Aft first, Marinette would admit, she might have been jealous since Lila likes Adrian. But then, the lies grew and grew, up to the point where everyone started to believe them. Well, not everyone. Nino and Chloe didn't buy it. Chloe because... well, she's Chloe, and Nino because he's know the girl since their kids and found it hard to believe that Marinette would stoop that low. Then, it got up to the point where most of  the class believed that she was being a bully to Lila. Even her best friend, Alya, and her crush, Adrian, believed Lila. They mocked her, teased her, made fun of her, and as of today, they verbally and physically assaulted her.

It was a normal morning. Everything was as normal as it could be and Marinette had fun with Nino, Chloe, and Kagami, a nephilim from another class in the school. (There was also Luka, another nephilim who was Juleka's slightly older brother and was a person Marinette now has a crush on.) But then, at the end of the day, as school had just finished and Ms. Bustier has left her classroom for a while, the rest of the class ganged up on her. They grabbed her, kicked her, punched her, threw her. Chloe was held back by Sabrina, while Nino was held back by Kim. Luckily, Marinette had two saving graces in the form of Luka and Kagami. They fought through the crowd and got Marinette out of the way. Once she made sure she was far away, Marinette made a run for it and she was out of the school.

As she ran, the words of her classmates rang through her head:

Alix: Liar!

Kim: You brat!

Max: Simply unacceptable.

Nathaniel: Mari... just why?

Juleka: Marinette... I thought we were friends.

Rose: How could you?!

Ivan: Not cool!

Mylene: Why?

Adrian: You're nothing but a bully! I can't believe I considered you as a friend!

Alya: Lila's right! You're the worst. You are a bully and the biggest loser here! Why don't you do yourself a favor and get rid of yourself!

And then, Lila's smug smirk appeared on her mind as she also remembered Lila's words for just a month ago:

Lila: For now on, we are at war. I will make sure you lose everything you ever loved, Marinette. Prepare to lose.

Marinette just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry her eyes out. She wanted all of this to be over. She wanted things to be the way they were before Lila had ever step foot on school. But Mari knew the truth: things were never gonna be the same again.

She saw swirls as she ran. She what this was happening. Marinette must of made her own portal while not even noticing. Where it was leading to, she didn't know, but at this point, anything was better than Francois Dupont. She wanted to be out.

Eventually, the swirls disappeared, but due to her tears and her beating, she couldn't see where she was. She could make out splotches of brown, blue, beige, black, etc. and she felt the floor under her feet. However, due to the fact she couldn't see, she ended up running into a wall, hard.