Dancing in the dark

(got inspo from that good ol song and reader can be any gender here al thinks you have a crush but its actually him ahh)
Warnings: nothing really just fluff

Alastor a definitely outgoing person had been quiet today. You weren't sure why but it made you uneasy. But you didn't want to stick your nose in anyone's business so you didn't ask (it's not like he'd tell you anyway right?) He had been staying at the hotel and he was up in his room you guessed he went to bed. The whole gang was chilling in the lobby. Slowly everyone said their goodnights and left. It was 11 something when the last person left and suddenly it was only you. So you decided to go to your room as well.

•time skip brought by loneliness•

You were still awake and it was 1 am so you threw on some sweatpants and went down to the lobby. The only lighting was  a red hue coming from outside so you couldn't see much or the person sitting at the bar. You suddenly heard a noise and your heart started to race. Your eyes adjusted and you saw Al the person you had been worried about all day sitting at the bar with a drink while humming a little tune. It calmed you and you leaned against a wall and just listened. Then he stopped.

"That was pretty." He jumped almost falling off his chair and looked towards your voice. "Oh hello dear I thought I was alone." He rubbed the back of his neck and looked at you."Heh nope sorry for kinda sneaking up on you" " It's quite alright dear" his words were slightly slurred. "A-are you drunk Al?" " No sweetheart I just have a slight buzz" he leaned against the counter and poured another glass and then one for you. He patted the chair next to him so you walked slowly over not sure how to act around a "buzzed" Alastor. You drank your drinks and the whole time it was silent. A beautiful sad silence. He started to get up and so did you but he got close to your ear and said in a whisper "Don't follow me you'll end up in my arms" you blushed at this but got up anyway. He looked almost surprised but looked down and then took your hand and went to the middle of the room.

No music was playing it was pure silence and pure dark but you both started to slow dance. "What's going on Al you've just been quiet all day and you've been drinking" He dipped you then pulled you close. "It's nothing my dear just dance" "You know you can talk to me right" "It's nothing darling I'm fine" Something was wrong and you knew it but you just put your head on his chest closing your eyes and letting him guide. After that night this became a regular thing to happen. Every night you would meet him in the lobby and you would dance with or without music talking or without talking drinks or no drinks it was almost therapeutic.

Then one night things changed you weren't sure what happened but it did. As you were both dancing he said "You should be with them I can't compete" you looked at him shocked. "You are so much better than me I don't deserve this my dear I don't deserve you." You look at him in his sad eyes and cupped his cheek saying "Alastor don't you dare say that because whether you deserve me or not here I am" he looked down and closed his eyes. "Hey look at me" he looked back up and opened his eyes. "I love you Al and if you can't or don't wanna say that then don't but I love" you we're cut off by him pressing his lips to yours needless to say you were shocked but kissed back and closed your eyes. He slowly pulled away. "I love you too darling" you both continued to dance with small random kisses and when it was over he took your hand and at that moment you both knew you wouldn't be sleeping alone as you walked to the elevator. No more lonely nights.